Cold Air Divider

nickleman60

I finally fabbed up a cold air divider for the black '94. It's made of recycled aluminum (50 mph speed limit sign...:rolleyes:) with a clear pexiglass top. Next I'll remove and paint it semi-gloss black to match the color scheme under the hood.

Attachments

• air box 001.JPG
    air box 001.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 378
  • air box 002.JPG
    air box 002.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 316
  • air box 005.JPG
    air box 005.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 278
  • air box 006.JPG
    air box 006.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 310
  • air box 004.JPG
    air box 004.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
I want one!:p That is a beautiful machine you have put together. Very tasteful in my opinion!:D One of the nicest in the club, great job. It makes me realize how much work I have in front of me!:eek:

Stephen

I want one!:p That is a beautiful machine you have put together. Very tasteful in my opinion!:D One of the nicest in the club, great job. It makes me realize how much work I have in front of me!:eek:

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, it's a never ending project it seems. After I get the drivetrain dialed in then I can move to the cosmetic stuff. IMO my car is a "20 footer" meaning it looks great from 20 feet but up close you can see all of the flaws in the fiberglass hood, body and paint. It looks flawless in the pics I post but it's far from it..............:rolleyes:

I know what you mean, but in my case my car was a one footer! Looked ok from a foot away, I couldn't see S~~~! :(I would wax it and it looked good doing it and then I would step back, focus and see all these darn defects! I quess I am in denial in regards to my eyesight!

Isn't life grand!:D

Stephen

All painted up and done...........:D

Attachments

• cai 004.JPG
    cai 004.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 172
  • cai 001.JPG
    cai 001.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 181
  • cai 002.JPG
    cai 002.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 197
  • cai 003.JPG
    cai 003.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 189
Where do we place our order?? I would rather mine be made up of a 70mph sign. I'm gonna need all the help I can get to be faster than that black car....

Where do we place our order?? I would rather mine be made up of a 70mph sign. I'm gonna need all the help I can get to be faster than that black car....

I guess you like it, so does Z. I'm gonna make one up for Z, don't know if I'll need to tweak it a little for an early model because of the overflow tank but we'll see. Plexiglass and a 3' piece of 1/2"x1/2" aluminum channel at Lowes costs me $11, the old aluminum signs are free just gotta do a little dumper divin' at the city highway yard.......................:rolleyes:...................my private aluminum surplus................:D

Last edited:
the old aluminum signs are free just gotta do a little dumper divin' at the city highway yard.......................:rolleyes:...................my private aluminum surplus................:D

Got to love the surplus, like this parking lot sign :)

Attachments

• SeatDelete.JPG
    SeatDelete.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 148
I guess you like it, so does Z. I'm gonna make one up for Z, don't know if I'll need to tweak it a little for an early model because of the overflow tank but we'll see. Plexiglass and a 3' piece of 1/2"x1/2" aluminum channel at Lowes costs me $11, the old aluminum signs are free just gotta do a little dumper divin' at the city highway yard.......................:rolleyes:...................my private aluminum surplus................:D

Z's inner fender is shaped a little different. It curves up in a different spot. Back when I played around making one I tried to fit it on Z's & it wouldn't quite fit.
Looks really good, Keith!

I had some leftover aluminum so I fabbed up a cover to finish off the look of the aftermarket radiator and to fill the gap that was there. You can see what I covered up in the previous pics.

Attachments

• rad cover 001.JPG
    rad cover 001.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 172
  • rad cover 002.JPG
    rad cover 002.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 142
  • rad cover 003.JPG
    rad cover 003.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 144
  • rad cover 004.JPG
    rad cover 004.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 144
  • rad cover 005.JPG
    rad cover 005.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 148
Z's inner fender is shaped a little different. It curves up in a different spot. Back when I played around making one I tried to fit it on Z's & it wouldn't quite fit.
Looks really good, Keith!

That what they make a grinder for.................:rolleyes:

I cut the pieces out today from my templates and as soon as I get him to drop his car off over here I'll start tweaking it to fit, shouldn't be too much different.

Thanks alot Mike, coming from you it's a great compliment.

That what they make a grinder for.................:rolleyes:

I cut the pieces out today from my templates and as soon as I get him to drop his car off over here I'll start tweaking it to fit, shouldn't be too much different.

Thanks alot Mike, coming from you it's a great compliment.

You really amaze me at times with the innovation you come up with for your cars!!! It looks great. You sure Todd didnt engineer that??

You really amaze me at times with the innovation you come up with for your cars!!! It looks great. You sure Todd didnt engineer that??

As you already know I don't like to be a follower, I like to be a leader. My goal from day one with my cars, especially the black '94, was to be different and not to look like or copy any other SC out there, I think I've achieved that with my "one-off" modifications. I enjoy fabbing up new mods because it makes me use my brain and it's a challenge. Of course if I didn't have access to some AWESOME welders then half of what I've done wouldn't have possible and I also can't go without mentioning you, Todd and John for the technical motor stuff which I don't have a clue. We are a small group of individuals who share the same interest and it's nice when we help each other out, thats what a club is all about....................:D

As you already know I don't like to be a follower, I like to be a leader. My goal from day one with my cars, especially the black '94, was to be different and not to look like or copy any other SC out there, I think I've achieved that with my "one-off" modifications. I enjoy fabbing up new mods because it makes me use my brain and it's a challenge. Of course if I didn't have access to some AWESOME welders then half of what I've done wouldn't have possible and I also can't go without mentioning you, Todd and John for the technical motor stuff which I don't have a clue. We are a small group of individuals who share the same interest and it's nice when we help each other out, thats what a club is all about....................:D
I love you too... .... ...as he wonders what the storage fee is getting up to.....

Last edited:
Back