Some winter break progress

neverfastenough

Well, slowly but surely the car is coming along. I started the exhaust last night and got the front half done, Im out gas so I cant fully weld it yet. Once its all welded up, I will put it back on the car and complete the back half. Then Ill drop it all as one piece, along with the tranny so it can get a stall tc and valvebody. This new setup should put the previous to shame, its pretty bad. Heres a few pics of the progress.

P1010321.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010324.jpg

Corey

Looks a lot like mine. I did make it on mine so I could just drop each down tube one at a time for convience. I just got my car back in the shop to continue my project:D Nice job on the exhaust

Ken

At least you're getting some time to work on it. Looks like some decent work. Don't you hate that when you start a project, but run out of gas? I had just enough time, yesterday, to start both birds and let them warm up after sitting for a couple months.

Recorded the exhaust on the one that will be getting new exhaust this coming spring. Right now it has custom down tubes (no cats) into a magnaflow resonator, then two magnaflow mufflers. It drones way too much going down the road, so its time for a new setup.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_R-Z5594G4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_R-Z5594G4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I will be doing this shortly, where did you buy your mandrel bends from?

My current exhaust is SCP headers, catless downpipes, dual in/out magnaflow resonator, with dual pipes out to magnaflow mufflers. All 2.5" pipe.

New setup will be catted downpipes, dual in single 3" out magnaflow resonator, back out to dual 2.5's and then a pair of 2008 Shelby GT 500 takeoff mufflers.

Should be quiet once and for all.

Another local SC guy has the GT 500 mufflers but without the resonator and its pretty quiet..

Jeramie

I got the bends from summit, only 5min from school:p I forgot to say its 2.5-3-2.5 as you may have guessed.

For the life of me I do not understand why people do this. 2.5" has a larger cross section than 3" so you have a bottleneck in the middle. For 300rwhp and below it should be 2.25" into 3 and for heads/cam applications it should be 2.5' - 3.5". I don't know why people go to all the work of building an exhaust system and screw it up on purpose. :confused:

DD I planned on having heads and cam for the car before summer. And you cant fit 3.5 around a early tank. Maybe you should quit being a negative nancy and tell me why my o2 sensor wont come out, I remember this lecture you gave me on never seize.......:confused:

For the life of me I do not understand why people do this. 2.5" has a larger cross section than 3" so you have a bottleneck in the middle. For 300rwhp and below it should be 2.25" into 3 and for heads/cam applications it should be 2.5' - 3.5". I don't know why people go to all the work of building an exhaust system and screw it up on purpose. :confused:

So with the new blower I should scrap the 211/2 to 3" resonator and replace with 2- 21/2" to 31/2" resonator and run a 31/2" center section to be adquate??

Ken

Yes you can!

Cause thats what mine is but its single after cats 3.5 no resonator all the back to 1 3.5 Flowmaster by back bumper.

But changing it to come out the sides before back tires.If the poop ever runs again:D

Tom

Maybe you should quit being a negative nancy and tell me why my o2 sensor wont come out, I remember this lecture you gave me on never seize.......:confused:

You need to use the wiggle wrench on that sprinkle sprocket. If that doesnt work the whammer hammer will. :cool:

- Dan

well dork or not I dont want to pay for 3.5 nor do I think I need it for the power levels I have planned. And Im just gonna leave that o2 stuck so you can blah blah about it next time you tune the car:p

In my first post I said "I don't understand why..."

I guess now I know why.

:rolleyes:

Of course the proper way to build an exhaust around a 3" mid section would have been to make the rest of the pipes out of 2.25" which would have saved you another $20 bucks or so.

But carry on it certainly LOOKS neat. :D

Those are some sweet press-bent downtubes. Hopefully I can find some one day.

You should have put dual exhaust on it. That's ideal, son.

For 300rwhp and below it should be 2.25" into 3 and for heads/cam applications it should be 2.5' - 3.5".

I thought my mid-section was 3". But my headers are 2.5". Guess I better go measure mine again. But not today. It was -2 outside this morning and only 2 right now. :(

Back