EGR manifold CAP. Delete

ricardoa1

Where can I find a EGR tube cap. Ive seen kit but I only need the nut cap. I will be deleting the EGR not that MA has no emmisions restrictions for my car.

I made one out of a small piece of steel (from a yard sign actually). Really you don't need much. Just something to close it up. Make sure you seal it up as well with some type of gasket sealer. I took it a step further and had aluminum apoxy applied to the inside of the plenum and then honed it out to smooth out the airflow as it enters the supercharger.

I used a penny, put it in the cap and screwed it back on. Either it sealed up properly or its so small of a leak that I can't hear/feel it.

I wanted to find one off the shelf so I dont have to ruin the EGR tube in case I need it in the future. I think I have seen them around not sure if one of our vendors offers them .

Last edited:
I wanted to find one off the shelf so I dont have to run the EGR tube in case I need it in the future. I think I have seen them around not sure if one of our vendors offers them .

When I did mine I hacked the pipe and did the popular penny technique, I understand you want to steer a different direction...but that works really well ;):D.

Now before going this avenue I took my stock manifold into Home depot, Lowes, Advance Auto, Auto Zone...had no luck finding any sort of fitting to cap it off.

Please post a part number or where you might have found it...I had no luck in my hunt.

-Tim

I think I have a manifold with the delete plug in it and the delete for the intake tube laying around. Someone had asked me about them before and I had it ready for them, but they changed their mind. If you are interested, let me know and I will check.

Please do, I only need the cap on the exhaust manifold though.

I have a plate for the intake already, and I will not be using it anyways since the AR inlet does not have it anyways.

Ford sells a kit; I used one on a previous SC. I'll try and find the P/N. If I remember correctly, it comes with two each block-off plates, and two manifold caps. It was cheap.

JD

Hey Ricardo

Sorry, I just saw this thread. On the 94-95 manifolds, the hole for the EGR tube should be M27, not sure if the early ones are the same. Anyway, there is a plug available from a Ford truck application, part number is:

E9TZ 9G458 A

Expensive though, looks like about $14 retail price on it.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,
I did a search and I don't think that part number is will work for my manifold. These look like plugs instead. Is there anything else i can use from ford?

e9tz9g458a.jpg

Rico,

wouldnt you plug the manifold with that?..Pull EGR tube and plug..I couldnt find correct size either for teh cap you are looking for

sorry to resurrect an old thread

But:

Hey Ricardo

Sorry, I just saw this thread. On the 94-95 manifolds, the hole for the EGR tube should be M27, not sure if the early ones are the same. Anyway, there is a plug available from a Ford truck application, part number is:

E9TZ 9G458 A

Expensive though, looks like about $14 retail price on it.

Just got quoted $68.00 for the pack of two. From my local stealership. :eek:

Needless to say I'm buying one from an industrial supply house.

Sean

Back