PDA

View Full Version : Stupid icy weather vs. SC

mikedenton49
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, I did it now. We had a pretty good ice strom here in tulsa last nite. Just had to go drive around in it ya know? The SC doesent stack up well to 2500 Extended cabs. Crunched the left fender and bumper cover. What's weird is that I just happen to have a fender and bumper cover lying on my living room floor I was gonna put on this spring. Damn the luck.
So does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to get the fender and bumper cover off? Asking the question a little early I guess.
Thanks.

CurtisPaulfrey
12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
just get a socket set and start taking parts off......I'd save the good parts until good weather....what if it happens again

Jamez
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Tulsa? Where at? I don't own an SC, but it is M90 powered :) Theres at least one more guy here in Tulsa, let us know if you need help. I mean I can't tell you what to do, but I can turn a wrench. :D

Young-SC-Owner
12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Ditto, Im in Tulsa.

Until May that is :p:mad::rolleyes:

-Tony

PS:It wasnt that bad, I drove from Carthage, MO down to Tulsa on I-44 during that thing, almost lost it once but other than that the fat girl is on our side

the-big-e
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Bumper covers and fenders are pretty easy to remove.....

Just take your time and use good judgement....

Installing is a little more time consuming getting everything to line up properly......:rolleyes:

TbirdSCFan
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
3 words... Tires Tires Tires. :D I have G/Y Eagle GT-HRs on my white daily driver... They stick well. There may be better tires out there, but these have been through a few ice/snow storms and have never let loose on me. However, I don't push it on bad roads.. like what's the point :confused: The reward for making it from point A to point B is the satisfaction of having unbent sheet metal. :cool:

91supacoop
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I am a fan of my bridgestone blizzacks. All four corners. Frontsw ofr turning and manuvering, rears for going on hills and keeping the @ss end in line.

cbt
12-17-2008, 11:51 AM
i drove mine last year during the ice and snow, my only problem was getting the car to stop, wasnt fun..went a couple miles after a few stops decided to go back home and got one of the other cars - not to fond of the abs on the bird

mywhite89
12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Agreed, abs on these cars suck compared to newer cars. Replacing these two pieces are pretty easy, you gotta remove the front corner lights for the bumper.

S_Mazza
12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I found it pretty easy to remove the fender and bumper cover. It is a little tricky to line the fender back up when you are done so it fits juuuuuuuuust right. It might be worth having an extra set of hands and some body shims available when you do that part. Also, I would advise that I found easier to remove the header panel and lights with the bumper cover, then separate them. (The bumper cover sort of clips into the header panel and mine wasn't easy to remove while attached to the car.) One other thing - if your hinge pins are worn and the door is sagging, it's a great time to replace them while the fender is off. Just make sure that the door is aligned to the body perfectly before you align the fender.