i miss my super coupe!

TwoToneThunder

my car popped the motor in late august 2007 and its been sitting in the garage waiting for me to get around to fix it which i havent had the time and now my job involves me traveling over 300 days a year finding time to fix it let alone drive it is a challenge

but im determined now to do whatever it takes to make the shootout this coming year and not have the car break shortly before the shootout as it did before the 06 and 07 gatherings

sorry just venting i really miss driving it and getting the stares and compliments

my corvette just cant compare to how much fun a sc really is

Me too....my 91 has been on jackstands since September and to make matters worse, the Turbo car has been in the shop for over a month.

David

Me too....my 91 has been on jackstands since September and to make matters worse, the Turbo car has been in the shop for over a month.

David

That sux. woulda figured you'd have the time of your life with those two. remember the turbo one going out but not the ar one. give the ar one some tlc to.

dave my original plan was to copy what you did with the turbo car but after seeing so many issues im hesitant

or atleast id tune mine down a bit i want a fast street car

11's are good for me

I know how you feel. I bought my car in March of 07. Drove it for a month or so.:D Blew HG.:mad: Then it sat till May of 08:mad: and I started to rebuild it.:D Got it on the road in Oct and drove it for a couple weeks maybe.:D Had it stolen,:mad: recovered it :Dand now it sits in my driveway again.:mad:

Buying another so I will be back in one in early 09.:rolleyes:

Stephen

Last edited:
i too know how you feel. Mine has been down since aug. Just havent had the money to put into it right now. But soon i should have her running again but once that happens i have to wait for the snow to melt. Damn irony!

That sux. woulda figured you'd have the time of your life with those two. remember the turbo one going out but not the ar one. give the ar one some tlc to.

I damaged the motor on the 3.8 AR (91) a couple weeks before the shootout. I took it to the track to see what it would do on a fresh tune and the lightweight Bogart wheels. Spun the tires a little coming off the line but still managed an 11.8, so I decided to try a pass with the nitrous (100 shot). Stumbled a little coming off the line but quickly recovered and was pulling very hard....as soon as I shifted into 3rd it popped (still ran an 11.7). It looks to have gone real lean. Damaged a couple pistons and torched a chunk from one of the heads.

Think the alternator failed and I didn't have enough fuel pressure/volume for the nitrous. When removing the nitrous system (sold it), I found that I had forgot to remove the jumper wire from the fuel pressure safety switch :eek: Decided to get a whole new motor with 4.2 crank instead of repairing it....should be ready to pickup from Dave within the next few weeks :D

Turbo car is okay...90% of the problems I was having at the Shootout were corrected when I pumped out most the 117 octane race fuel and filled the tank with 93 octane. It's over at a race car shop getting some upgrades to the turbo system. I'm switching to a little smaller exhaust housing on the turbo, changing to different size/brand wastegate and having a larger diameter stainless downpipe fabbed. While he's got it on the lift I'm also having him reseal the leaking trans pan. If all goes to plan it should spool the turbo much quicker and have very little or no reduction to top end power.

Once I get it back from the shop (next week), I need to install the new DCC mrk 8 cooling fan. The connector on the existing mrk 8 fan is all melted and still running on the emergency wiring repair job we did in the parking lot at the Shootout.

The work on these cars never ends....but that's okay with me.

David

my car popped the motor in late august 2007 and its been sitting in the garage waiting for me to get around to fix it which i havent had the time and now my job involves me traveling over 300 days a year finding time to fix it let alone drive it is a challenge

but im determined now to do whatever it takes to make the shootout this coming year and not have the car break shortly before the shootout as it did before the 06 and 07 gatherings

sorry just venting i really miss driving it and getting the stares and compliments

my corvette just cant compare to how much fun a sc really is

That's rough, TwoToneThunder. I would like to see your car back on the road and not parted out. It's a sweet looking vehicle.

Back