one of the best lighting jobs I have seen done

Bacondoggy

check this out:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-sh...-projector-retrofit-review-lots-pictures.html

crazy. I am going to contact the guy who did this for him http://www.lightwerkz.net/
and see if there is anything he could do for our vehicles. He said that was in the mid-hundreds for everything with his. Granted, his housings were probably easier to work with then ours, but IF this guy can do anything, I would be willing to trust him more then that last $@% that most of you are aware of. I don't even know if this would be possible for our cars, but I would be more then happy to have nice headlights like that!

Not a bad idea, but after looking over the site I noticed that NO american made cars are listed. I really believe that our lens will be the major downfall to this with the exception of the 96-97 birds.
Its been discussed here alot and many have tried including myself but Ihavent seen any acceptable results Yet.
The only way I see it working on the 89-95 bird (may be off a year) is to have some clear lenses fabbed up but look at the tooling costs to accomplish that, I dont think many of us would be willing to pay the cost to do it.
Good idea though, just not cost effective.

S

The lenses do diffuse the light, but it is still MUCH better than the alternatives. I've driven an early model SC with them inside the stock lenses and it's decent. I wouldn't let a lack of clear lenses deter me if I had the cash for it.

anyone have dimensions of of our lights (I was going to see about the early style lights first)? He wanted that as well as pictures... this MAY be a possibility! :eek::D just need to get him the specs...

this is what he asked me - I didn't respond, because I dont think there are after market clear lenses available.... any input?

Are there any aftermarket versions that have crystal clear lenses? Those factory lights will be the only thing holding us back basically, the lenses have lines in them and the light output will be negatively affected.

well im working out something with another forum member on another forum to possibly produce some clear lensis for the earlyer models of cougars and tbirds(if the lensis ate the same). But he needs to get all the molds made first so its going to be a little bit before we can take orders.

I'm going to try a method for making clear lenses this summer, if it works out well with the way I want to do them, then I can reproduce them for real cheap.

Nobody sells clear lenses, nor have any ever been made. So far 96/97 housings are the only clear ones available. I would love to see some HID kits for early style lights.

Back