PDA

View Full Version : Auto '90 SC in Springfield, MO

351cat
12-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Up for sale is my 1990 SC. I bought this car from a guy in KC in September of this year.

The day i bought it, the master cylinder was replaced with a known good unit.

The car ran like crap the whole way home to Springfield, MO (where the car is now) and after some cursing, and testing, and more cursing, i found out that both the heads on it were cracked (more cursing)

I replaced both cylinder heads with remanufactured units from Clearwater Cylinder Head in Florida. The car now runs great. It has high milage, but when i had the engine apart, I noticed all the crosshatches were still visible in the cylinders and there was no ring ridge. Previous owner stated that the engine had been rebuilt, but could not provide proof ( I think the condition of the short block supports this)

Since i've had had it, i've done nothing more than get the brakes working and get it running correctly.

When I replaced the heads i used ARP studs, and factory style gaskets.

The car has some cancer around the driver rear quarter area.

The interior is less than perfect, with the front seats worn as you'd expect from such a high milage car. The rear seat is in good shape. The dash has some large cracks in it as well.

The Exterior is in fair condition.

Only mods to this car to date are:

Resonator delete (still stock mufflers out back)

ARP Studs

Solid Blower Coupler

Teflon IC system seals

Has a trunk mounted battery to support sound system (installed by P.O.)

Bottom Line: Not a show car, not a junker, but a fair looking DD with a solid drive train.

I'd like to get close to what i've got in it, but i'm realistic and price is negotiable. Asking $1500

Here are a couple pics i took shortly after i got it.

More detailed pics tomorrow when the weather clears up.

Thanks for looking! :)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/351cat/10-31-08_1032.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/351cat/10-31-08_1033.jpg

chadder1313
12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Auto or manual?

Melon
12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
It's an auto - says so in the subject line :p

-Melon

351cat
12-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Yep. AOD it is.

351cat
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Bump still for sale. I've had two deals fall through now. Ugh. (not anyone here, just sayin)

willing to deliver a reasonable distance and/or meet in the middle.

scsuperman22
01-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Do u wanna do a trade i have 95 probe gt in great condision