PDA

View Full Version : Going to Fla

Dangle
12-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi guys. I'm a member of the Ontario Chapter waay up here in the north(Canada).Wanted to hear from you guys on things to do in the Orlando area. Going down the week before CHrismas. Looking for ideas on day trips etc. Any good car shows, meets etc would great.

We have a rental, so we will be mobile, possibly planning a day/night trip to Miami, and for sure Daytona Beach. Some local insider ideas, opinions would be great.

PS I'm going with my brother, so not really interested in any family type trips/things to do.

Thanks,

Dan

onequiksc
12-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Dan, I didn't see this till today, If you're still in Florida and spend any time near Daytona Beach, give me a call at 386-846-6240.

Maybe we can meet up for a little bit if scheduling allows.

Dan H

SuperChicken89
12-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Wanted to hear from you guys on things to do in the Orlando area. Going down the week before CHrismas. Looking for ideas on day trips etc. Any good car shows, meets etc would great.

We have a rental, so we will be mobile, possibly planning a day/night trip to Miami, and for sure Daytona Beach. Some local insider ideas, opinions would be great.

PS I'm going with my brother, so not really interested in any family type trips/things to do.

Thanks,

Dan

Where is the hotel/condo you will be staying at?

There are many things to do while you're in the Orlando area such as the Disney theme parks, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and The Sea World attractions. If you're into NASCAR, then check out Daytone USA and of course Daytona Beach while you're in the area. If you have any interest in the space program, take a day and check out KSC (Kennedy Space Center). Take at least a day to check out South Beach on Miami Beach. The beach is interesting to say the least, the rerturaunts are great, and you never know who may be wandering around.

There is a big all Ford show at the Silver Springs park on the second weekend of January (1-10/11) other than that show I don't know of any others. The holidays sort of put a damper on the car shows.

Come down, spend lots of money and keep out taxes low:D and most of all have fun.

Bryan

Dangle
02-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I flew down on the 20th, so didn't see these until now. Oh well thanks for posting anyway. I did make it to Daytona beach, the weather wasn't all that warm when we were there, but we drove along the beach and managed to find the only 'topless' bar in Daytona...
We also made a couple laps around the track at the Daytona Speedway on the tour they had there. (They basically pull you around on a golf car type train...)

The last few days were warmer, and the pool came in handy at that point. We found a cool go-kart track nearby and ripped around the 4 different tracks they had there before we decided (were asked to) leave...

We were posted at a hotel on Int. Drive, overall it was very tourist-ie and a little vacated, I felt like more people were coming as we were leaving.

The only really crap thing was that on our last day our rental car, and some other things got stolen! Other than that...great place to visit!:)