Injector question

kenewagner

This is probably one of those dumb questions but I will ask it anyway. I have removed my old blower and am stripping the lower manifold and fuel rail off to prepare for the new setup. The connectors for the injectors for #1 & #2 cylinders come of the wiring harness at the same point (picture #1) while all the rest of the connectors, come off the wiring harness, are spaced so theres no way to not get them right (picture 2). Is it possible to, on #1 & #2 cylinders, get them switch around:confused: Would the car run? Would the car be down on power? How would one know for sure that the correct connector was matched to the correct injector. I know I did not mark these two injector wires when I installed the rebuild engine. What say the experts?

Ken

Attachments

• Injector.jpg
    Injector.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 162
  • Injector 1.jpg
    Injector 1.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 145
Injector #1 wires should be a Red wire and a Tan wire going to the connector.
Injector #2 wires should be a Red wire and a White wire going to the connector.

Last edited:
The way they are positioned in the picture is correct. If you switched them, you would be down on power and it would feel like a misfire.

Injector #1 wires should be a Red wire and a Tan wire going to the connector.
Injector #2 wires should be a Red wire and a White wire going to the connector.

You don't have the rest of the injectors do you? Looked in the factory manual but can't seems to find the wiring for it.
Thanks

Old connectors are very fragile. I think ford fuel injection sell everything to repair them if need be.

Old connectors are very fragile. I think ford fuel injection sell everything to repair them if need be.

Mine are in good shape just had the same question about 5 & 6, could be just the way my harness is bent up.

i just recently put the wiring harness back on my black 90 i know the older wiring harnesses only have enough length to go in one spot.

Back