Whipple Fit Up

kenewagner

Pull the M112 yesterday. Fit the Whipple on this morning. I want to see where, if any there were clearance problems. Had two small clearance problems that I will rework this week. Discovered some pleasing things during the fit up. I will be able to retain my strut bar. I was sure I would have to build a new one. And the whipple sits about 1/2" lower than my M112 did. I even placed a block of wood on top of the blower with some modeling clay to check for clearances. The top can be a full 3" tall and still give me over 1/2" of hood clearance. I am not sure about the bigger cobra pulleys now. I have a stock K080415 belt on it now and it is a snug fit. If I cant find something the correct size to allow for the bigger diameter pulleys, I might have to scratch that Mod:mad: In a couple of weeks I should have my reworks done on the blower and start a final assembly:D

Ken

Attachments

• Fit up.jpg
    Fit up.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Fit up 2.jpg
    Fit up 2.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Wood block.jpg
    Wood block.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 195
Man Ken that's gonna be sick!! It's looking awesome. I so whish I had your fab skills.Curious are you going to be painting the whipple gloss black when you get it all fabbed up?

Jay

Man Ken that's gonna be sick!! It's looking awesome. I so whish I had your fab skills.Curious are you going to be painting the whipple gloss black when you get it all fabbed up?

Jay

The whipple will remain the same. I decided to get away from the gloss black. After I make some minor changes to the TB plenum, it. the lower intake and lower intake plenum are going a silver. In the past the black makes it hard to see all the detail and picture taking is a nightmare. The top will be an all chromed piece. The fuel rail will be finished soon. It just nice to be able to move around and get back to work

Ken

Ken, so glad to hear that you are back at it and getting healthier evryday!
As I've stated before, you work is amazing, truly beautiful!:D

Stephen

An unpolished blower? Tisk tisk!!!!

Good work, son.

Are you getting the IC solved on yours casey? I look at the blower like a christmas tree:eek: A nice green tree with lots of shiney ornaments and bling looks nice. A shiney alum tree with lots of shiney ornaments and bling looks gaudy. The black case of the whipple will look good with lots of chrome additions.;) Anyway I am really fired up and spending a lot of time getting it put together so I can start it up. I will finish the fuel rail tonight and spend the rest of the week changing a few things for fitment. Thanks for all the nice comments:cool:

Ken

Good to see you getting close with it Ken! Can't wait to hear the results, even better yet see the smile on your face after the first time down the track with it. :D

Good to see you getting close with it Ken! Can't wait to hear the results, even better yet see the smile on your face after the first time down the track with it. :D

I plan to stay below 20 psi with it. Do you forsee any tuning issues with it Dave? Might have to get you back here for tuneing in the spring as a group thing:D

Ken

Back