How far can I push it?

Jovez

The exhaust on the 89 xr7 i have has been modified. The ugly 90 degree bends on the downtubes and the cats have been replaced with a smooth curved pipe, then goes into the stock resonator and stock mufflers. How much can I push the boost on this with those minor mods? 5%OD, 8%?

5% at most. put an intercooler fan on the back of yours also. i believe the fan and pulley will run you about $80 a piece. very cheap but great upgrades !

5% at most. put an intercooler fan on the back of yours also. i believe the fan and pulley will run you about $80 a piece. very cheap but great upgrades !

Even cheaper: 7" 1100CFM electric fan - $25.00 plus shipping...

attachment.php

You should have left the cats and got rid of that resonator. Its the main choke point, then the cats are next.

Fraser

Well i dont know what happend there, but the previous owner did the exhaust work. Im thinkin of redoing it all, or just work with what I have there. Im slowly restoring the car, I need to do interior and then start on performance afterwards. Ive had the car for about 3 months and already dumped a ton of cash into it.

KMT that intercooler fan is the cheapest ive seen. I might just place the order for it right away. thanks

just go with a flowmaster dual 2" in/single 2.5" out resonator/muffler and your exhaust will be good to go.

yea good find on that fan KMT. i ordered a 6" permacool from summit a while back. woulda been perfect for my FMIC. but they told me permacool stopped making them bfore it was shipped. :(

all depends on you Id run 5% but have run 15% on stock ic and mpii blower running 104 octane fuel . and snow inj but for stocker on street 5% or head gasket monster will find you by hearing the knocking and pinging under boost

Back