transgo shift kit...wot d-od shift?

Scott-Atah

my transmission scares me at times...i've never been up to near redline in D just cause it scares me that light is on and the buzzer is threatening you....

sometimes if i step on it too much round like 200km/h it'll shift into d which scares the hell outta me and i let off

oh btw....i have a transgo stage 1 shift kit....will it shift into od? when i step on it hard....or will it let me do anything dumb and wreck anything?

scares me when it shifts outta od at like 180km/h and is revvin like umm id unno what...something pretty high

The transgo reprograming kit will shift in to od it WOT,but it will wear the stock OD band out fast.I just had a custom transmission rebuild by a company call Performance Automotive and they have a A+ servo kit that give you 11% more holding power on the band then the A servo in the stock SC trans,with the Kevler band I can hold it at WOT forever I just love it.

I was sure that all SC's came from the factory with the "A" servo. I am pretty sure because all of the mustang guys wanted the servos from our SC's because they were bigger.

so....holding OD at like WOT or up in the higher speeds really wears on the OD band???

well i'm doign ok...usually i'm not up that high lol...just for those fun sessions....my od is holding together for the almost year or so since my tranny was redone, so i'm happy heh.

Scott,

Shifting into OD at WOT is where the damage can occur, not standing on it after the shift. And yes the trans-go will allow WOT shifts into OD however it's not something you want to do.

Another annoying byproduct of the trans-go kit is that it will sometimes shift into OD, even thou the shifter is positioned to D.
Something to do with intrenal pressure and should only happen on the dyno or the track near 5K rpms. It quickly shifts back into D when you lift the throttle slightly. It's bad for the tranny and bad for your ET.

If it happens, tightning the TV cable about 1/8" will usually fix it.

David

Back