IC Tubes

JDC

Merry Chistmas young people, I was looking at a web site www.siliconeintekes.com and I was wondering if any of you guys have used these products and if so do you like it? I was thinking of takeing off my IC tubes and getting the tubes and other parts from them to make it easier to take them off... the IC tubes.Thanks JDC

ideally you want to weld all the intercoller piping and have the least amount of silicone couplers as possible. That way there is less chance of pipes popping off.

I have a front mount intercooler with something like 6 or 8 couplers and it has held up to 10psi just fine so far. I definately agree with the welding thing, but it seems that lower boost applications are less likely to pop couplings off.

I bought a couple of things from there (for cold air intake). The stuff was fine, and I haven't had any customer service problems. Whoever runs the site seems to be pretty upstanding, from what I see.

yea for low boost or a cold air they should work allright.

but you need to run a good t-bolt clamp with it.

Mine has popped off once at the maf with a t-bolt clamp at 18 psi.

>Mine has popped off once at the maf with a t-bolt clamp at 18 psi.

wow...18psi at the MAF - that's awesome ;)

"Silicone is slippery! It wants to slide right off whatever you clamp it to. High clamping forces are necessary to hold it on. If you are using your own clamps, you may have to buy beefier clamps for the troublesome areas.

Try using hairspray.

Spray a thin layer of hairspray on the joiner in your troublesome area. Assemble the parts and wait 30 minutes for the hairspray to dry. This will make the surface sticky to hold pieces together and prevent leaks, but not strongly adhere or damage anything. Many people use hairspray on every connection - not only does it make for better connections, but it also makes pieces easier to slide together when you first apply it.

Get a bead or lip put on your troublesome pipe.

Any exhaust shop can do this for you. The lip/bead will help to hold the silicone hose in place. Can be combined with the hairspray method."

Its quite possible to have even more than 18psi at the MAF if your running a blow through setup, which is quite common in the after market arena.

Fraser

Its quite possible to have even more than 18psi at the MAF if your running a blow through setup, which is quite common in the after market arena.

Fraser

...image below appears to be from before, so I'm guessing things are not the same now.

Attachments

• apl-turbo.jpg
    apl-turbo.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
yea i had a reg 76 c&l in draw through when i first got it running but wanted to have less piping and heard the blow through would be better to tune. so i got a same size tuner maf(has a different sample tube).

it will hold more than 18psi, i just think it was a unclean surface, it has only done it once, and it was after driving it for a month then after the dyno where it had 6-7 wot pulls.

the ic tubes i have now are all welded from turbo to ic only have silicone at the ends of each. Then the ic to tb side has the maf in it so i have 4 connectors.

Back