PDA

View Full Version : I'm back..(sort of)

94scnflt
12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, it's been some time since I've been on here but I finally got access to post again. Still waiting on my membership to be processed, but at least I can talk to the community again. The SC is parked in the garage with a cracked radiator. I had it running strong after the chip, injectors and fuel pump. I had no detonation and the A/F was perfect then out of no where it started detonating again. I think the chip is bad because there is plenty of fuel. I was going to fix that problem then the radiator cracked so I just parked it. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and the wife is a stay at home mom, so time and money is pretty low. I love this car but it's just a ~~~~! I'm going to break down and by a replacement radiator from SCP so I can get it on the road. I need to get a new chip and find someone knowledgeable in the area who can tune it. Any suggestions? Anyway, looking forward to any possible meets in the future. Hope all is well and have a happy and safe new year.

Coast to Coast SC
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Check out radiatorexpress.com If you are willing to remove the ic bracket from your old one and attach it to a new unit, you can save a few bucks. Measure to confirm fitment just in case.
Anthony

dbd
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
When I purchased my radiator from Express it came with a detachable bracket. It bolts to the radiator instead of being welded.

That was in May 2004, but things change. They may still offer it like that. Seems like I had a choice with or without barcket. Don't remember the price difference, but I don't think it was much. Have not had any problems with the unit.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24310&d=1168057112

Later
Take Care
dbd

solow
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Would a stock one that is perfect help you get it goin ? I have I could help ya cheap or do YOu have to have a high flow ? craig

94scnflt
01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Would a stock one that is perfect help you get it goin ? I have I could help ya cheap or do YOu have to have a high flow ? craig

Stock is what I'm looking for. High flow would be overkill for what I have. If you have a stock one for sale I would be interested. Thanks for the help.

94scnflt
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Got an all aluminum through radiator express. Ordered it today and should be here tomorrow. One step closer to getting her up and running again. Next issue will be running the flat spot out of the tires..lol. Thanks for all the help.