brake on/off switch

JDC

Iv'e got a 90 SC and I ran up on some codes.The one that I'm concerned about is 74(R)..brake on/off switch. It says it broke. I've got a shop manual and I've looked at the brake section and I could not find anything on where the switch is.Does anyboody know anything about it?Thanks JDC

Did you press the brake pedal when indicated during the test?

There is a brake light switch on the pedal pivot, under the dash and pressure switches at the master cylinder and on the firewall (for the ARC). Do you (still) have ABS?

Well when I stop it stops good and straight and tight.WE did do that but it did'nt go away.(the code flash)...The car sat for about a year but I cleaned off the rotor and pads before I put it back on the road.It squeaks a little but that is about all it does thats out of the norm. I'll check that switch at the back of the brake pedal today or saturday and let you know if that is it. Thanks for the come back...JDC

Try your KOER test again, and remember to press the brake pedal. Keep in mind that the brake lamp switch will deform over time and the pedal will have to be pressed further down for the lights to come on. The best fix for this is to replace the switch. Next best is to remove the switch and bend the plate back into its arch shape again.

Back