Cleaner oil??

franky_402

every since i got the car i can change the oil and it seems like immediatly it's very dirty, i use full synthetic mobile 1 5w30, i'm wondering if just getting some cheap pennzoil standard oil and changing it a couple of times with a running time of maybe like ten minutes to bring all the dirt out before i put some moer good stuff in there! Will that be ok ( i imagine it would be but wanted to make sure)

they make motor flush. you put it in and run the engine for 5 minutes and then drain the oil, but on high mileage engines there is alot of sludge, so you prolly need to remove your drainpan and clean it out afterwards. changing your oil after 10 minutres wont do anything. oil is a protector, it wont break down the sludge already developed. i just ran the flush through my ranger about 2 hours ago, i do it every year since ive had it. the filter gets pretty heavy from al the deposits! oil is clean as a whistle after that, even after 3000 miles. i use a synthetic blend.

You cannot analyze oil by looking at its color. Oil chemistry is complex and unique based on manufacturer and application. Some oils maintain their color throughout their "life" while others change color immediately in the presence of heat or byproducts of combustion.

Certainly if you know that you have problems, like it running rich and smell the presence of fuel during an oil change, then yes, you have a number of indicators of a problem and likely, oil color will support that.

Engine internals, such as your valve train or valve covers, can give an indication of a problem.

I use Mobil 1 and find that it is generally dark in nature as is Castrol Syntec.

Personally, I would stay away from flushes or whatever and just continue with your oil change routine with quality oil. Manufacturers of oil and engine builders also recommend that you do not switch oil manufacturers; if you are on Mobil 1, you stay with it. Again, oil chemistry is complex and incompatibility between oil chemistry can be harmful.

You cannot analyze oil by looking at its color. Oil chemistry is complex and unique based on manufacturer and application. Some oils maintain their color throughout their "life" while others change color immediately in the presence of heat or byproducts of combustion.

Certainly if you know that you have problems, like it running rich and smell the presence of fuel during an oil change, then yes, you have a number of indicators of a problem and likely, oil color will support that.

Engine internals, such as your valve train or valve covers, can give an indication of a problem.

I use Mobil 1 and find that it is generally dark in nature as is Castrol Syntec.

Personally, I would stay away from flushes or whatever and just continue with your oil change routine with quality oil. Manufacturers of oil and engine builders also recommend that you do not switch oil manufacturers; if you are on Mobil 1, you stay with it. Again, oil chemistry is complex and incompatibility between oil chemistry can be harmful.

if your worried about your oil check for particles or any abnormal smells or a burnt smell. if you dont find any of that they dont worry about the color unless it becomes orange or white sludge looking. then you have a big problem. remember to always check for fuel smell aswell.

fuel smelling oil would be from running too rich correct, i know my car doesn't have cat's and the o2's are still in place. Would the car need to be re-tuned for the ratio's to stay correct?? Also i have no MIL

Back