PDA

View Full Version : Lentech=bad Service

90sc35thann
09-18-2002, 10:45 AM
I want to share my lentech experience with all of you. I ordered a calibration 3 street terminator valve body. It was shipped out two weeks ago and UPS hasn't a clue where the package is now. I spoke with Len at lentech and he would not ship out another one until UPS declares the original lost. This could take up to two weeks. I explained to him that if he was concerned about me getting two he could issue a return to sender and this way if and when the original showed up it would be sent directly back to him. He wouldn't do that because he was concerned with the return shipping charges. He insisted I either cough up another $500 or just wait and see what happens on the original one. Is that the worst service you have ever hear of???? I am sure we all have horror stories but just for principal reasons now I am going to refuse shipment and this way he will have to eat the return shipping that he was so concerned about not paying for if he issued the tracer. LENTECH, HA! Might have good stuff, but I can't say from experience.

90sc35thann
09-18-2002, 04:28 PM
ok they finally did what I wanted any good company to do. They are overnighting me another one tomorrwo for a friday delivery. I take back any bad thing I said in my previous message. Lentech has exonerated themselves and did the right thing. Excellent way to do business.

LJGriggs
09-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Do you get the feeling that someone tipped them to the "bad press" they were getting over here on the BBS? Word-of-mouth will "make ya" or "break ya" as they say......

Glad to see they did the right thing. I might be needing to do some "bizniz" with them myself before too long........

David Neibert
09-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Calibration #3 ?? , you may want to invest in a neck brace.

I've got cal #2 and it shifts pretty hard. Enough to chirp the tires just holding the throttle steady at 3000 rpms. If your using a locking converter the 3-4 shaft might not last long with the hard shifts into 3rd.

No matter what, your going to love the Lentech VB.

David

90sc35thann
09-19-2002, 07:29 AM
I also purchased a 3200 Non lockup converter from Edge Racing Converters. After considerable research I am convinced that they have the best converters on the market. Real good to deal with, quick delivery and they custom build the converter just for your car. If anyone orders from them be sure that you have all the specs on your car and any modification you may have completed. They enter all your information into a computer and it figures out what you need. They design them so that for light to light driving they guaranteee it dosn't build anymore heat than a stock converter. Pretty impressive.

fast Ed
09-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Just to add to the discussion about Lentech, I met Len himself for the first time at the local drag strip last weekend. He was running his VERY fast Maverick in a "street-car" shootout series up here. He was busy with between rounds stuff on his car, but he took the time to speak with me when I introduced myself and asked if I could "talk business" with him for a few minutes.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

NYC Russ
09-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 90sc35thann
I also purchased a 3200 Non lockup converter from Edge Racing Converters. ..They design them so that for light to light driving they guaranteee it dosn't build anymore heat than a stock converter.

Then either (1) they're lying, or (2) you're going to make a nice piece of change on the guarantee - there is physically NO WAY to make a converter stall higher than the stocker (especially 3200!!!) and not create significantly more heat. Throw a non-locker into the equation and I give your tranny 6 months before it goes...

90sc35thann
09-21-2002, 12:09 AM
I am not sure about the heat deal, I tend to agree. i do however runa a huge tranny cooler and the car doesn't get street driven much anyway. I do disagree with the 6 months. Non-locking converters in high horse power applications actually save the life of the AOD. Everytimt that tranny slams third gear that converter locks right up and it is a huge load on the shafts. I have never hear of a non locking converter contributing to tranny failure in an AOD.