Maf ?

sccrewzer

I jsut recieved my PMAS maf my question is do you have to disconnect the battery so the computer recognizes the new maf or can I just plug ang play.

The computer will never "recognize" the new MAF as it simply doesn't have the capability. The EEC does store data learned over time based on the old maf and other operating conditions which will likely be null and void with the new MAF so you should clear memory before installing the new MAF. Learning will take place over time based on feedback from the 02 sensors but if the MAF curve has any errors in the high load areas (typical) no learning will ever occur in those areas.

If you do not clear memory, learning on the new maf will still occur but it will learn a little quicker and the transition will be a little smoother if you clear memory.

So I Installed the maf and my car was stalling at idel so i did a quick search here and found out the I can't use a maf for a mustang w/ 30lb injectors should of done a search before buying it from craigslist. I found that if I due get one from a mustang it should be caled to 24lb injectors am I right? So the MAF is going to go on Ebay unless someone here want to trade it for something or buy it as long as I can get what I paid for it:D

So what do you have to get out of it?

What might you have to offer? I paid $120 since it was a flange one I also had to buy a adapter for it but I might hold onto the adapter just incase. Looking for a 75mm TB a good working B&M shifter, alum 10% J/S pully or other pro m mass that works with my car would be nice.

Last edited:
Back