LX Coil Springs

Dahoopd

Just wondering what the differance is between the LX and SC springs. The is a $300 price differance but if its only because of the ARC. I dont mind ditching the ARC to save the money. I did a search in 3 forums and didnt see any answers. Thanks for the help.

MN 12 LX & SC coil springs

Here, in the Technical Forums! The differances between LX and SC coil springs!

Dahoopd,

Hit this link ...

http://www.cintcc.com/mn12performance/mn12-techinfo/springs/springs.htm

... it gives the coil spring ratings for all '89 - '97 T-birds.

The coil springs on a 96/97 T-Bird LX with the sports suspension package are the same as an SC - the code for those springs is JJJJ. Otherwise the stock LX springs are weaker - made for floating on down the road.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

arc has nothing to do with it...Spring wise.

I'd wonder what the exact specs of aftermarket non ford replacement springs would be however. WHy get those anyway?..Dont want a drop?

arc has nothing to do with it...Spring wise.

I'd wonder what the exact specs of aftermarket non ford replacement springs would be however. WHy get those anyway?..Dont want a drop?

The Eibach lowering springs for the LX were only $99 on ebay. Its just one of those upgrades I would like to have but the money makes it less important. I never saw the link on the spring rates, thus the reason for asking. I just thought there was a cheap alternative that I may have missed.

That is a good price for Eibach's .. they normally go for $219 or so brand new. I wasnt aware that anybody made a set of springs different for the LX or specifically for the SC.

LOL, okay .. yeah those are only for the V6 NA !! part # 3522-140 for a 1.2 inch drop. It says Excluding Super Coupe.

if you want Springs for the V8 OR Supercoupe, they are part # 3524-140 for a 1.5 inch drop.

These would actually work out decent for that new guy who posted with his 89 NA Tbird ... although 1.2 inches is sort of small if you ask me. ;)
Makes it a little confusing when both the V8 and V6 are LX - but obviously the SC and V8 have more weight so they need different springs.

- Dan

Last edited:
Back