PDA

View Full Version : hey, Im back !

slipknot1212121
01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Well guys I just got home from a 5 hour round trip drive to san jose, and picked up a 95 5 spd ;) , IM pretty happy so far, Interior perfect, the car is black like my 93 and even faded paint on the roof like mine haha. And the tranny doesnt grind . as my 93 i swapped, the second gear would grind no matter what.

Just a few things I noticed though, I NEED a short shifter!! for one, the stock one is sooo sloppy, feels like a tractor. and has anyone else noticed on the newer interior when you shift to 5th gear my knuckles almost wanna hit the dash??.. I think it has to be running pretty good, I only burned about a 1/4 tank of gas from san jose. at 130 miles.

oh and I was happy to wake up today and the first thing i did was go check on the 95......Its still in my garage...

coolhand
01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
When I bought my '95, the shifter was sloppy as hell. I bought a rebuild kit from FORD and did it myself(the guys in my club know how much of an undertaking that is for me). The shifter is solid now, shifts tight, and no more knuckle slaps. Its not that hard to do, Just takes some patience.
Nice buy, BTW. I have a Blue '95 5-speed.

Coolhand

Ddubb
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Nice .. glad you got a new car. How much did this 95 5 speed set you back ?? I saw one on Craigstlist not too long ago here in Campbell, Black 95 5 speed SC for a really good price.
Shifter you might be able to rebuild the boot - I ripped mine in the first week, pointless.

I think I am using the 89-93 Shifter handle with a GT mustang Shift knob - so its straight and a little taller - dont have any issues hitting anything in 5th gear .. the 94/95 SC one is a little crooked and has a small knob, could be why youre hitting your knuckles.

Let us know next time you might be in the SJ area ..

- Dan

posjr
01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Its probably the same one on criagslist in cambell. That guy was trying to sell it for awhile now. I called him up to mybe go buy it for my self but my wife got crazy on me :o She said i already have one that dont work.

slipknot1212121
01-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Well guys..after a first day driving, my knuckles dont really hit into 5th, its when I let go of the shifter i bump the dash....but not anymore, the dash just seems alot closer than a 89-93...as for the shifter, im getting a B&M , not that i disagree that a rebuilt stock one is solid...I have already went from stock to B&M and now back to stock.....the B&m is definatly the answer, atleast in my experience ... And finally , yes it was the one in san jose/campell. black 95 5 spd...

the body is straight, but roof fading.. perfect interior ,shifts perfect no grind. no leaks/consumption.. a little miss/stumble in low rpm but I think due to tune up...120k miles and STOCK plug wires/plugs,lol that cant be good... but hey, its a $1150 clean title 1995 5 spd ;)

who knows,, we'll see.

gmonie6
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Congrats,

Now where's the pics!!

Ddubb
01-14-2009, 02:44 AM
LOL pics are probably still on Craigslist. Yeah, I saw that one a while back .. It just was not the right time for me ... im glad you got it though - it looked like a decent car as long as it was running and the price was good.

- Dan

superdadsc
01-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Congrats I have a 95 5spd. Love the interior. I also like the fact that it was the last of its kind and a low production number. Maybe one day it will be worth something, thats of course after we spend thousands fixing them up, beating on them only to do it again again and again!:eek:

coolhand
01-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Does B&M even make a shifter for our car anymore? I dont see one listed on their site.

Coolhand

slipknot1212121
01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea Ill get some pics. Its not on craigslist anymore, but it was on there for a while, the guy said he got calls but no one came in person to look.. I think it was an excelent deal and after driving more and more i came to this conclusion...it feels slower doggier than my 93 but cranks the mph over faster.. my 93 would kick sideways with a staab of the gas. but tops out gears quick...

I think Im just in too opposite geared cars as in, I know 94/5 5spd has wider gearbox ratio?? and stock rear end is 2.73 as my early car had 3.27(from auto) and early 5spd.. I think thats why the 2 cars feel soo different... ill get pics soon.

Ddubb
01-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, id say that would make a difference. 1st and 2nd gear are slightly different, but not that big of a difference. The rear difference are those rear end ratio's !! You can drive my 94 5 speed with early model Trans, and 3.31 rear end and tell me how it feels compared to the 93 you had before ... ;)

- Dan

Yea Ill get some pics. Its not on craigslist anymore, but it was on there for a while, the guy said he got calls but no one came in person to look.. I think it was an excelent deal and after driving more and more i came to this conclusion...it feels slower doggier than my 93 but cranks the mph over faster.. my 93 would kick sideways with a staab of the gas. but tops out gears quick...

I think Im just in too opposite geared cars as in, I know 94/5 5spd has wider gearbox ratio?? and stock rear end is 2.73 as my early car had 3.27(from auto) and early 5spd.. I think thats why the 2 cars feel soo different... ill get pics soon.

slipknot1212121
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Yup, it has to be the rear....cause this thing is a freeway rocket ;) and first gear i can go cruise 30 mph nooo problem whereas my 93, first gear was pretty much not there, and I would start from a stop in second(to skip 1st to 2nd grinder shifts) whereas this 95 when I first took it for a test drive and tried to start from second(still thinking I had to, habit) it stalled quick.it didnt wanna go from second one bit. overall IM very happy, and the more and more I drive it and get used to it, i love it more.I feel I deserved this car and was meant for me. If I ever get my 93 back well, then Ill have 2 !! ;)

PS POSJR Tell your wife thanx for me, for gettin on your a** :cool:

slipknot1212121
01-15-2009, 12:57 AM
.....on a side note, I had to get into the gas a lil bit...it swings it sideways too.. more gas but better control. I bet these things could be good drifter cars..with a skilled driver. ...

now Im gonna be looking for a B&m shifter, A-pillar dual guage pod, if any one has anything let me know thanx

also, where is this rear end traction control switch?I think I read somwhere 5 spd had posi ?? anyone confirm?

Ddubb
01-15-2009, 01:59 AM
.....on a side note, I had to get into the gas a lil bit...it swings it sideways too.. more gas but better control. I bet these things could be good drifter cars..with a skilled driver. ...

now Im gonna be looking for a B&m shifter, A-pillar dual guage pod, if any one has anything let me know thanx

also, where is this rear end traction control switch?I think I read somwhere 5 spd had posi ?? anyone confirm?

Traction control ? You mean Firm Ride ? :D Its in the center console.

You should have trac lok - should be an L on the diff tag, or you can check the AX code on the door jamb sticker .. a 2.73 Locking rear is code M.

As for drifting .. I really dont see any point in the whole sport. Now these cars really DO tear it up in an autocross track or windy roads.

The front suspension in these cars is WAY better the typical A-arm type used in Mustangs, etc .. it transfers the energy further towards the front of the car.

- Dan

Bay_Bird93
01-17-2009, 01:22 AM
I remember seeing that car on craigslist and would of bought it if i had the money. I remember in the pics it had some front end damage though.

slipknot1212121
01-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes your right, it does have some front end damage, and this is another thing that made me want the car, on my 93 i always wanted to put a 97 front end on, I just never did cause nothing was broken.. now this car it needs a header panel which i have, thats it.bumper has a couple scratches its looks like someone rolled it into a wall at less than 5mph because the header panel is only cracked in the middle and thats the only damage. so I bought the car on purpose...it needs a new front bumper..not a better time for a 97..Oh and I need clear corners again..might as well get them for a 97... Its wierd how this car is working out for me..

Bay_Bird93
01-17-2009, 06:30 PM
That doesnt sound to bad. Good luck with the car, you got a pretty good deal.

Ddubb
01-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Plenty of these parts available from the local Pick and Pull's. I think I paid $200 for a whole 97 front end conversion ( hood, head lights, panel, latch, front bumper, etc .. )

- Dan

bgck7
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
sorry for the late notice, but welcome anyways!!!!