15% OD Question

Super Duper Cou

I have a 1993 Super Coupe with an aftermarket MAF, K&N Air Filter, cat back true dual 2.5 inch exhaust, and a 5%OD supercharger pulley on it. I'm thinking about purchasing a 10% jackshaft pulley to get a little more power out of my car. My question is, will I have to gap the spark plugs, upgrade fuel pump, or upgrade injectors? Should I forget the 10% jackshaft and go with a 5% jackshaft? My car has probably around 210rwhp at the moment.

Do you have stock blower?

I wouldn't if you have a stock blower on there still!!!!

Not a good idea, until you have at least a good ported late-model blower or MP2 minimum.Always good to upgrade your fuel pump either way!

Tom

get some headers and a better intercooler too. if you overdrive it that much, youre gonna be making a whole lot of heat

Anything over 5% on a early model is pretty much a waste! i kept farting around with mine and finaly got a late model much better!

Well, I have decided to ditch the 10% jackshaft pulley and go with a 10% supercharger pulley. My question now is, will I have to use a smaller belt with the 10% supercharger pulley? I have stiffer tensioner springs right now, would that be enough or should I still spend the $25 for a smaller belt?

So you are going to 10% instead?

without a intercooler upgrade and I am not just talking a intercooler fan. Your car will be slower in the 1/4.

I tried 10% and 5% at the track and my car did nearly identical 1/4 mph and time.

The early model supercharger unported is bad news over 5% od, unless you have a really good FMIC.

Well, I have decided to ditch the 10% jackshaft pulley and go with a 10% supercharger pulley. My question now is, will I have to use a smaller belt with the 10% supercharger pulley? I have stiffer tensioner springs right now, would that be enough or should I still spend the $25 for a smaller belt?

you sellin that 10% jackshaft ? :D

So you are going to 10% instead?

without a intercooler upgrade and I am not just talking a intercooler fan. Your car will be slower in the 1/4.

I tried 10% and 5% at the track and my car did nearly identical 1/4 mph and time.

The early model supercharger unported is bad news over 5% od, unless you have a really good FMIC.

I was going to try it, I think it might go a tenth faster if I keep the IC nice and cool. I have a late model supercharger sitting around but I don't know how to put a supercharger on or have the money to have someone else put it on. :eek:

I was going to try it, I think it might go a tenth faster if I keep the IC nice and cool. I have a late model supercharger sitting around but I don't know how to put a supercharger on or have the money to have someone else put it on. :eek:

It's a bolt-on man, I swapped mine in 2 hours including swapping the rotor pack and snout to the late model case.

where r u located ? maybe someone can help

if you're within an hour or 2 fo me drive it over and we'll work on it.

where r u located ? maybe someone can help

if you're within an hour or 2 fo me drive it over and we'll work on it.

I'm located in Washington State so I wouldn't be able to get help from you. I'm thinking about trying to put the late model supercharger on in my auto shop class at school. I've found instructions on how to remove/install a supercharger for a Super Coupe. With help from my teacher and friends, I bet I could figure it out.

Back