may trade the sc and all the parts

nwnsc

talking to a guy about trading the sc for a 69 cougar that just needs paint:D;):p what do you guys think? 35th with lots and lots of spare parts for a 69 cougar fresh 351 and nice inside

Last edited:
In a matter like this, get what you want. If you think it is worth the trede then do it.

On the other hand what is your SC worth, what are the parts worth. Add it up and compare it to the worth of a 68 cougar in comparable condition. If its close do it, if you are going to take a bath then don't do it, sell the car and parts and buy a better cougar.:D

Stephen

it is even trade for the most part. but the resale on a fixed up 69 is higher than a SC:rolleyes: i like both cars. won,t be my last SC. but maybe for a little bit:eek: still have to give the cougar the look down in person but if it come up soild and rust free for the most part i might do it. my SC is rust free AZ car;):D

Last edited:
If its a fair trade or even close to fair and favoring him a little bit go for it. The sc is cool but a 69 cougar is that much better!:cool: But again don't take a bath and loose a bunch of money on the deal. Cougar's can still be had for pretty reasonable prices. We definetly need pictures tho. :D

talking to a guy about trading the sc for a 69 cougar that just needs paint:D;):p what do you guys think? 35th with lots and lots of spare parts for a 69 cougar fresh 351 and nice inside

Is the 69 Cougar a base model or XR-7?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the 69 Cougar will need more than just paint:D It is a 40 year old car that most likely will need lots of maintenance and TLC. Take it from a 33 year 69 Cougar owner:p

Before making any deal, inspect the Cougar for rust. Some of the problematic areas on the chassis are the floor pans, front torque boxes, rear torque boxes, trunk floor to the left and right of the fuel tank, and unibody frame rails. Most of the undercarriage parts are available new.

Look the body over for rust also. There aren't any new aftermarket body panels available for the 69/70 Cougars. All replacement body panels will be used or very expensive NOS parts. Hopefully, the car spent most of its life somewhere other than the rust belt.

Most mechanical parts are the same as a Rustang. The two cars are basically the same from the "B" pillar forward with the exception of the sheet metal. There are several Cougar specific parts suppliers like John’s Cougars, West Coast Classic Cougars, Ken’s Cougars and many Mustang parts suppliers to choose from, NPD, Mustangs Unlimited, Year One, Mustang Plus…

Post some pictures of the Cougar. Inquiring minds would like to see:) I'd be more than glad to give you any advice if you want it. Here is a great source for information. http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/

Bryan

NO!!! Been there done that. i love the 69 era for the styling and the raw horses. but, we've come too far from those old ,controlled gas spills, we called carberators and older suspensions. way too much money needed for the refining of just about everything. even the hide away headlights -which i like a lot- need constant care or re-doing for vacuum leaks. THE ONLY EXCEPTION; is if it was the cougar eliminator. worth spending the time an bucks on .very rare, very nice. but that's just me.

still waiting for when i can go see it. i love the SCs but I realy want an classic car:rolleyes::confused: we will see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted;)

Back