I want drag wheels!

super red91

I know this has been beat to death a couple times already, but I still dont know what is the best way to go?

You can get Bogarts made, but they cost alot of $$$

You can swap to the mustang bolt pattern and use some welds, but all that might cost just as much as getting the Bogarts made?

Right now I just want a real drag wheel for the rear, with some real slicks, then I will worry about the fronts.

Can you buy welds for a stang and have them redrilled for the SC pattern?

I have stock brakes all the way around.

Thats not a bad way to go....but damn 282 for the front runners?

Also, I would like a matching front/rear set....yeah yeah im picky:rolleyes:

So what about the rears?

I wouldn't run Bogarts on the street specially on our heavy cars.If I'll do mustang bolt pattern on my 95SC I'll run these rims which I have in my garage for my mustang.

Thats not a bad way to go....but damn 282 for the front runners?

And you are talking about getting Welds or Bogarts? hahahha, if you think $280 for a set of front tires is too much, don't even bother looking into anything else. If you really do want a "real drag wheel" be prepared to spend some money, as they do not come along cheaply.

Thomas

Well what is all involed in the mustang swap...I've been on sccoa for years and never really looked into it:eek:

Just a matter of changing hubs to the Mustang ones. Press out the old ones, press in the new ones. Should cost somewhere around $200 for the parts, as I recall.

Thomas

so does this mean youll be getting rid of those hoosiers you let me use? If so I might be interested.

Corey

Yes I might be getting rid of them....I will let you know.

Also, since my car is a 91 do I have to upgrade to the 93 spindles?

Whats the best place to find these parts?

You can run the old stuff on there. I would upgrade to the 93+ and go with the 17" setup thomas is shoiwn'. When you go to the 93+, get the larger sport or mark brakes. You will have to use 16"+ or at least an inch spacer to run 15s.

SWS

I think 300+ a wheel and yes I think you can

Ryan,

Including center caps and lugnuts the Bogarts are going to be around $500 each and are not reccomended for street use, but lots of people use them on the street. I had my 17" fronts made to work with stock studs, 4.25" pattern and stock or Cobra 13" brakes. The rears are 16" and made to work with the stock bolt pattern, but use shank style lugs that require longer than stock studs to be NHRA legal. I bought my rear wheels used, and if buying new ones I would have paid extra to have the rears wheels made for use with stock length studs and the same lugnuts I'm using on the fronts.

Here are some pictures of mine.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98173&highlight=bogart

David

Last edited:
Dave,

Those look absolutely sick!

Looking at all of this it seems like its better to have a set of centerlines made. From what I've read they are $300 a wheel for the rear then you'll need a .5" spacer.

This would atleast give me a setup for the rear.

Converting to the mustang pattern looks like it would cost around $500-$600, but what am I really saving/gaining? I would also have to get rid of my moda 17's and get new rims for street use :rolleyes:

Is anyone interested in getting a group buy together for some centerlines?

Dave,

Those look absolutely sick!

Looking at all of this it seems like its better to have a set of centerlines made. From what I've read they are $300 a wheel for the rear then you'll need a .5" spacer.

This would atleast give me a setup for the rear.

Converting to the mustang pattern looks like it would cost around $500-$600, but what am I really saving/gaining? I would also have to get rid of my moda 17's and get new rims for street use :rolleyes:

Is anyone interested in getting a group buy together for some centerlines?

Ryan,

I went through the same thing before buying the Bogarts. Read these threads for tons of info on your drag wheel/tire options. Finding a drag wheel that will bolt right onto your SC is not as easy as I thought it would be.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93749

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95945&highlight=bogart

David

Last edited:
Another option is take whatever bird wheel you like and have them widened or narrowed to whatever width you need/fit. It costs about $200 a wheel.

In this thread post 13 and 14 are some marauder wheels we had narrowed and some 16" stang wheels widened. tread

A matching set of drag wheels is going to require time, research and money (well over a grand.) Just a pair of slicks are $350. If they were that easy, everyone would have them.

I had converted my bolt pattern quite a while ago, so I bought a set of Welds. But chosing the right rim sizes, tire sizes, spacer sizes, etc... all get to be a real chore. I got these wheels with front tires for $700. Then a set of slicks were $400 mounted and balanced. Then I spent $250 in spacers, lugnuts and NHRA legal lug studs.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/img/Duffy Floyd Gallery/Bluesmore 2007 094.jpg

Time to bump this up.

For those with the Mustang bolt pattern swap!

The 05+ Mustang guys are having issues finding wheels that fit proper. They are 35mm offset on some of their factory rims so I figured I would piggy back off of their work. Most reported that 15 x 8, 5.5" Backspacking works on their rears so I was hoping that would do for the SC too. Although Greg Weld is dead and out of business Summitt still has some of these wheels for cheap. Is anybody close enough to Summitt to try a fit on these? At $112 they are a steal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Greg-Weld-Motorsports-93-580350P-Wheel-Prolite-Polished_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem4ce9b02e25QQitemZ330338151973QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Micah, do you remember the specifics on your rear Welds? Part number? Backspacing? etc...

Back