PDA

View Full Version : MFMC 22nd Annual Mustang and Ford Roundup 2-21-09

SuperChicken89
01-19-2009, 11:05 PM
The Mid-Florida Mustang Club is putting on their annual Mustang and Ford show on February 21st at the Waterford Lakes Town Center again. Lets hope the weather is much better this year. Last year it rained for the better part of the morning into the afternoon only to clear up just in time for the awards.

I'm going to bring the SC and the Hertz Shelby this year weather permitting:D

Hope to see you there!

Registration form link: http://www.midfloridamustangclub.com/shows/2009RoundupFlyer.pdf

Bryan

kamakazie_1
01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey folks... sorry I've been gone so long, a few health issues catching up with me... That and a pay cut and restoration and now cut again becuse of the economy..

I hope to be at this guys, probably won't show but will come sit with you guys if you don't mind. kind of embarassed by the 95's current condition with the wheels looking as bad as they do.. and the tranny slipping and running rough.. Haven't had the money or the intestinal fortitude to work on it lately, if fact just barely have driven it.. Anny still in the same location, "nowhere"...

See you all soon!!

RJ

Flip
01-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Think I will be sending in mine, maybe we can get a couple other SC's to show up?

What about it Greg? Chris? :D:D Anybody else?

Flip

INDANGERED_BIRD
01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Count me in :D:D
I ‘ill be sending mine in tomorrow

Chris

i am obsessed:eek::eek::D

onequiksc
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks to Bryan's help yesterday getting my heads and intake on, this show is a good possibility for my SC.

I'll shoot for it at least. :)

I'm taking the opportunity to paint things up real nice in the engine bay before they go togther, otherwise I could slap it together next weekend, but It'll be slower than that if I'm to do it up the way I want.

I love this Waterford show though and hope to make it!

RJ, good to see you here, take care of your health first, it's all you've got in the end.

SuperChicken89
01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks to Bryan's help yesterday getting my heads and intake on, this show is a good possibility for my SC.

Dan, I think we may have a problem:eek:

On my drive home last evening, I realized that we installed the heads backwards. We'll have to remove them and install them correctly. If we don't, your engine will run in reverse.

But I may have a simple solution where the intake and heads won't have to be removed. Because the motor will turn backwards in its present state, you can just install an air filter on each exhaust tip and reroute the intake tube to the rear of the car instead. Then all you have to do is put the shifter in "R" to go forward and "D, D2, 0r D1" to go in reverse. The shifter positions "Park and Nuetral" will work normal.

Please let me know if this solution will work for you. Otherwise your on your own.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Dan, I think we may have a problem:eek:

On my drive home last evening, I realized that we installed the heads backwards. We'll have to remove them and install them correctly. If we don't, your engine will run in reverse.

But I may have a simple solution where the intake and heads won't have to be removed. Because the motor will turn backwards in its present state, you can just install an air filter on each exhaust tip and reroute the intake tube to the rear of the car instead. Then all you have to do is put the shifter in "R" to go forward and "D, D2, 0r D1" to go in reverse. The shifter positions "Park and Nuetral" will work normal.

Please let me know if this solution will work for you. Otherwise your on your own.

Bryan

:eek:Ouch!! That's gonna leave a BIG mark!! or two!!:eek:

RJ

onequiksc
01-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok Bry...but...why can't I just learn to drive in reverse from now on?

Granted, the gearing will have to change for highway use, but that seems a lot easier than dismantling the whole thing again.

I'm pretty good working with the rear view mirror.

P.S. I got the pass side exhaust manifold / down tube on this evening, and it wasn't fun...the rear bolts fought me all the way, but in the end, I won. :)

SuperChicken89
01-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Ok Bry...but...why can't I just learn to drive in reverse from now on?

Granted, the gearing will have to change for highway use, but that seems a lot easier than dismantling the whole thing again.

I'm pretty good working with the rear view mirror.

I think there may a logical solution.... we merely remove the transmission and install it backwards. Problem solved.... now you won't have to drive in reverse. See how easy that was:D

P.S. I got the pass side exhaust manifold / down tube on this evening, and it wasn't fun...the rear bolts fought me all the way, but in the end, I won. :)

If you think that one was fun, wait until you do the driver's side. The brake booster makes it all the more enjoyable

Bryan

onequiksc
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
If you think that one was fun, wait until you do the driver's side. The brake booster makes it all the more enjoyable

Bryan

Ironic as it may be, the D/S took me 10 minutes. :confused:

I have no idea why it was so easy, and thankfully I took it on BEFORE I read your post about it!

Otherwise I'd have run and hide myself.

Gregthespy
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I know were running this thread off topic but.... Spill the beans Dan, what in the heck did you do???!? Hopefully whatever it was you hit your 300K mark.:o
I'm going to make it to this show unless something big comes up.
Got to get my new tires on before then so that I won't be on stock rims for the show. I had a lot of bad luck with tire punctures with the set on the Cobra R's. I believe I set a record with 4 nails in one tire and a close second with 3 in the other.:mad: and tread separation on one of the others. Needless to say I'll be getting the road hazard program with Tirerack!;)

Look forward to seeing everyone again.

onequiksc
01-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey Greg, I told Bryan I need to call you and catch up, so have ears at the ready.

Tell you what, even IF my car isn't up to it, I'll drag Cindy out and make a day of it with you guys, too many faces I haven't seen in...a long long time not to.

I could put a Ford emblem on the GS...no one would probably notice :P

SuperChicken89
01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Tell you what, even IF my car isn't up to it, I'll drag Cindy out and make a day of it with you guys, too many faces I haven't seen in...a long long time not to.

I could put a Ford emblem on the GS...no one would probably notice :P

If I remember correctly, Cindy's Ranger is still a Ford. It qualifies for this show:D And if you don't want to enter her Ranger I can loan you a Ford/Mercury for the day. I can't enter them all;)

Bryan

onequiksc
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
...Hmmm...pretty good offer Bry, I'll hope for the best (my SC) but plan for the worst and let you know.

You're getting like *Jay Leno y'know. :)

(* Minus the 300 car garage)

Cobra85
01-31-2009, 11:24 AM
I'll be bringing the Stang to this. I'd do the red SC also, but the last few years they have parked the SC's way far away from where they make me park the Stang. ( on purpose?) :confused:
I still might do it. I now have a extra driver that can handle a stick (shift that is)(got it before Dan could make nasty comments :D) thanks Sue !

But either way, it'll be great to see everyone, even you RJ :eek:

kamakazie_1
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
even you RJ :eek:

Hey Glen I haven't forgoten you on that steering line either, just have to get there to give it to you..

RJ

SuperChicken89
01-31-2009, 10:32 PM
...Hmmm...pretty good offer Bry, I'll hope for the best (my SC) but plan for the worst and let you know.

You're getting like *Jay Leno y'know. :)

(* Minus the 300 car garage)

I have a long way to go to match Jay's collection. Only 296 more to go:D

Bryan

Flip
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Looks like I'm out of the show. 5 miles on my new Ported SC and DIC and blew the HG's. Was nursing a set along since the fan wiring shorted and it over heated some. They had sealed up nicely, but I guess this combo killed it. Lots of pressure coming into the Cooling system. So the last two days of work gave me a chance for a few more days. Have no time for it now, maybe next month..

Does run fantastic though...:D

Another day in the life of an SC owner. :D

SuperChicken89
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Looks like I'm out of the show. 5 miles on my new Ported SC and DIC and blew the HG's. Was nursing a set along since the fan wiring shorted and it over heated some. They had sealed up nicely, but I guess this combo killed it. Lots of pressure coming into the Cooling system. So the last two days of work gave me a chance for a few more days. Have no time for it now, maybe next month..

Does run fantastic though...:D

Another day in the life of an SC owner. :D

Sorry to hear your HGs are officially done for. But I would like to be the first to congratulate you on becoming a new member of the multiple blown HG club:D Maybe it's time for a set of MLS gaskets.

Bryan

Flip
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's time for a set of MLS gaskets.

Bryan

No doubt about it, the only way I'm going to go.

Thing still runs like a Beast. :D

Maybe JB weld on both sides of the new HG. :)

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2009, 11:04 PM
sorry to hear that flip
hey bring it over and we can bust it out in a night or to :D:D:D
and a few beers :eek:
i hope you are going to stop by at least

Flip
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll stop by Waterford in the dependable E150 Cargo.. :D

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-14-2009, 06:48 PM
so where and when are we all meeting up before the show looking forward to seeing everyone :D:D

Chris

Gregthespy
02-14-2009, 07:01 PM
In the past years we've always met in the Wendy's Parking lot @ the South West Corner of Alafaya Trail and East Colonial and drove over to the show as a caravan to ensure spots next to each other.
I believe registration starts at 7:30 and we meet up at Wendy's at 8am (Thanks for clearing that up Glenn!)

I will be there this year with my super coupe powered cement mixer.

lessonintorque
02-14-2009, 08:38 PM
ill be there look for my torch red mach 1

Gregthespy
02-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear that Mike, it'll be good to catch up with you!

onequiksc
02-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Weather permitting, Cindy & I plan to come over and spend a few hours ( including lunch- I never miss a meal) with everyone, though we won't be there as early as you guys.

Looking forward to the frivolity!

kamakazie_1
02-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Weather permitting, Cindy & I plan to come over and spend a few hours ( including lunch- I never miss a meal) with everyone, though we won't be there as early as you guys.

Looking forward to the frivolity!

You need to teach her :):D to get out of bed the first time you call her Dannoooo!!

I'll be there don't know which vehicle, It might be the SC but I'm not showing!!

RJ

Flip
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I already pre-paid for the show so if somebody that is going to show and has not paid,I will have one there to use if you want.

lessonintorque
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Me me me
406-406-1178
Call me

Gregthespy
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure if it matters if you're there with a different car than registered but mine may pass as a Thunderbird better, lol ;) since they may have them numbered in classes for judging. Not too sure how strict they are either, if they won't let you enter with it, I haven't pre-registered either.
We'll see.

lessonintorque
02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
its coool give it to greg he deserves it hell he deserves a cookie in my book!

Gregthespy
02-19-2009, 08:59 PM
It's no biggie Mike, I already pulled some cash for the show, so it's all good.
Are you meeting & cruising in with the Mustang guys? If not, and want to meet up at the Wendy's at 50 and Alafaya for the ride in @ 8AM you're more than welcome to.
I'll be spending all day tomorrow shining up the SC, let's hope for no rain, today got pretty ugly downtown while at work. I was glad I didn't start my detailing yesterday as planned!;)

I'm getting excited, it has been so long since I've been to a show, actually, I think this will be the first show with the '89.... Wow, and I've had it for about a year and a half now and 25,000 miles. I'm a disgrace to the SC community...:o

Flip
02-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Greg,

Talked to mike and it's yours.

If you win something we cut it in half.
Flip :D

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I forgot to mail mine in so I have to register in the morning too :eek::eek:
I will be up early to clean too:cool:
See you all at 7am :confused:
Chris

Cobra85
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Um, I'm thinking in the past we've met up at Wendy's around 8AM. I think 7's a bit too early.
Either way, the 91SC & the Stang are going.

Gregthespy
02-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Talked to mike and it's yours.

If you win something we cut it in half.
Cool Flip, I appreciate it, lunch is on me!:) Oh, and when I win that bottle of Maguires wax for the "most faded paint award", I'll be sure to mention you in my acceptance speech!;)

in the past we've met up at Wendy's around 8AM. I think 7's a bit too early.
Thanks for clearing that up Glenn, like I said, I can't remember the last time I've gone to this show, so I was uncertain of the time. 8AM it is, if everyone is fine with that.?

SuperChicken89
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Um, I'm thinking in the past we've met up at Wendy's around 8AM. I think 7's a bit too early.
Either way, the 91SC & the Stang are going.

In past years we met at the Wendy's at 8:00am.

Greg, to use Flip's prepaid entry, just tell them you are Flip when checking in:D It's worked in the past. They don't ask for id.

See everyone Saturday at 8:00.

Bryan

onequiksc
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Cindy & I will be there 11 ish.

I sure hope I see some Mustangs, they are so damn rare at these type shows.

:P

Kurt K
02-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I won't be able to make it this year :D:rolleyes:

I do need to get back down there again. Although, I suspect it won't be in my car at least until I don't have to bring the kids or they don't need car seats.

onequiksc
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Kurt...face it...you need a mini-va.... Arrg...yep..I almost said it....I caught the "n" in time...caught myself in time, out of respect for you...

You can thank me later :)

Cobra85
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Well,
At least them rare Stangs comand more when time to sell :rolleyes:

Flip
02-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Well,
At least them rare Stangs comand more when time to sell :rolleyes:

So do those AMC Pacer's :D

kamakazie_1
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM

Did Dan just say 11ish?? Man, life of luxury!! Using them big words....

Hey Greg, Bryan is right just tell them your name is Flip, that way when you win the plaque you'll take it home with Flip's name on it :D!!

I'll be there, probably SC, no show though.. :mad::mad:

RJ

Gregthespy
02-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Got the bird all shined up today, that was a marathon event... I started at 10am and just got done with it an hour ago (6ish, as Dan would say) it needed some attention BADLY it feels good that it is back to it's present state.

I plan on assuming the life and identity of Flip for the day!;) identity theft?

See you guys at 8!

thundermax
02-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I really wish I could make it but I have to work tomorrow, by the time I get off the show will be over. It sucks because I'm only 10-15 minutes alway.
I hope it will be a nice day for everyone

onequiksc
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Max, was a shame you couldn't make it, hopefully next time you can.

How cool it was to see RJ, Flip and Greg after a long hiatus! Got to see Glenn's awesome paintwork and some of the chrome powder coating Bryan's been doing. I can't wait to park mine alongside them at the next show, I'm keeping my fingers crossed she runs the day i turn the key.

Nice to meet you Chris as well.

68 degrees and sunny on top of it all, Cindy & I had a great time.
:D

kamakazie_1
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Yea, it was really nice to see everyone, glad we had such a wonderful day out there for it..

Dan and I even got to drive around the world on the way home!! :mad:

Orange County's finest!!

RJ

Kurt K
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Kurt...face it...you need a mini-va.... Arrg...yep..I almost said it....I caught the "n" in time...caught myself in time, out of respect for you...

You can thank me later :)No worries Dan. We bought our family vehicle last year....a used 2008 Expedition. Got a pretty good deal cause gas prices were near their peak :D

Glad to see you guys had a good itme.

onequiksc
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
That's one way to skirt around the mini-van need Kurt, very nice.

RJ, I owe you one bud, that back & forth trip would have been painful (as you know).

And from the way they're talking on Ch 13 news, seems fires and detours will be a continuing problem here...

Thanks

Cobra85
02-23-2009, 09:03 PM
It sure was good to see everyone Saturday. Had a great time.
Thanks for the kind words on the paint job, Dan. Not bad for an amature if I do say so my self :D
Greg, RJ & Flip, great to see you guys again. Hopefully Flip will get through his head gasket ordeal soon.
RJ,
You need to clean that Bird up some. It was looking kind of peekid :( I'm sure you'll do things as you have the money to do it with.
Just remember, President Jesus to the rescue :eek:

Flip
02-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Hopefully Flip will get through his head gasket ordeal soon.

Should not be too bad of a job, no big deal really. Will change them out maybe the 2nd week of March, the new cam should be in by then.:D:D

kamakazie_1
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
That's one way to skirt around the mini-van need Kurt, very nice.

RJ, I owe you one bud, that back & forth trip would have been painful (as you know).

And from the way they're talking on Ch 13 news, seems fires and detours will be a continuing problem here...

Thanks

No problem Dan, just glad I caught you two at the right time..

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-25-2009, 06:37 PM
yes it was lots of fun and a great day for it good to see everyone i can't wait for the daytona show
it's always great to make new friends:D
thanks

Chris

kamakazie_1
02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
RJ,
You need to clean that Bird up some. It was looking kind of peekid :( I'm sure you'll do things as you have the money to do it with.
Just remember, President Jesus to the rescue :eek:

I told you guys it was looking rough, can't do much about the wheels now.

Hey Glen, update, now it's up to 10 weeks furlow.. No mention about our benifits and such. I don't think this is going to be pretty whatever he does..

RJ

thundermax
02-26-2009, 08:41 PM
is anyone going to the fun ford weekend?

Cobra85
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM

Might go Sunday, but I've got a ton of stuff to do. Bryan & I are talking about going to the NMRA weekend on Saturday the following week though.

kamakazie_1
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM

Which one? When?

RJ

thundermax
02-27-2009, 07:38 AM
This weekend at orlando speedworld

BLOWN38
02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I should be hitting up the nmra in bradenton next weekend just to watch. There is gonna be a marauder there that I need to keep an eye on. we're a .1 quicker than him as of the end of last year. And there's a poll to see who will get to the 9's first.

Would be good to meet a few SC people there too.:cool:

SuperChicken89
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Man what a great Central Florida February day that was! We even ended up with a touch of sunburn:( It was great to see everyone again even if there were several SCs down. Hopefully they will have them running by the Daytona show:D

If I can get my new shocks installed in the SC, We'll be headed to Bradenton next Saturday 3/7/09 for the NMRA. Hope to meet you there Chris.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-27-2009, 11:32 PM
well i didn't know about this one :eek::eek: let me see if i can get the day off if yes count me it

where to meet and what time :D:D

Chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
got to work sat i going to have to miss this one
chris you going to daytona
if so see you there
chris

BLOWN38
03-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i'll be there(bradenton) on saturday. i'll have a black tshirt on with mamn12 and a big tbird emblem on the back... till it gets too hot. i talked to brad he said he prolly not make it didn't get the car finished. plan to get there at 9. hope to see someone there.

i was told the cleanest 89 is gonna show hope to see it there.

SuperChicken89
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
i'll be there(bradenton) on saturday. i'll have a black tshirt on with mamn12 and a big tbird emblem on the back... till it gets too hot. i talked to brad he said he prolly not make it didn't get the car finished. plan to get there at 9. hope to see someone there.

i was told the cleanest 89 is gonna show hope to see it there.

You'll be my hero if you wear that black T-shirt all day:D Can someone say heat stroke in the FL winter sun? I made that mistake back around 91 at the Gator Nationals.... man was I sick... learned my lesson:rolleyes:

I'll be there with my white 89 entered in the car show... don't know if it qualifies as the cleanest 89 SC or not. We should be there around 9:30 I would guess.

Hope to see you there Chris. I'll be one of the many with a white T-shirts on:D

Bryan

Brad Klein
03-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I'll be there with my white 89 entered in the car show... don't know if it qualifies as the cleanest 89 SC or not.

REALLY???? name one other Dan's is real close but I think you got him beat cause yours is original paint

it was good to meet you Chris hope that sunburn didnt get to bad

kamakazie_1
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
REALLY???? name one other Dan's is real close but I think you got him beat cause yours is original paint

Dan's is the "MOST REFLECTIVE" Bryan's is the cleanest!! Dan likes to hit our feathered friends on the way to shows!! :D

RJ

kamakazie_1
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
it was good to meet you Chris hope that sunburn didnt get to bad

Does this answer mean you got the bird together?? :eek::p

Brad Klein
03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Does this answer mean you got the bird together?? :eek::p

No it means he stopped by the house after the show :D LOL
I had problems with paint sticking :eek: on the door jams now that I know what I did wrong I can repaint them and get this thing back together it starting to drive me nuts looking at it in the garage knowing I cant drive it

BLOWN38
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
It was nice to finally meet Brad, he gots some sick chit goin on on that car, can't wait to see it all done. And also got to meet Bryan(superchicken89), man thats one clean bird, and Garry(Garsc).

The sunburns doin alright it looks worse than it felt... guess thats cause I was hopped up on some meds for my head cold.

Catch ya'll next time.:)