Fuel Pressure Gauge hookup.

95_XR7

I'm currently using a Nordskog Street Digital M8034 100PSI Fuel pressure gauge. I'm also using their electric sender.

I ended up buying a 1/16th male to 1/8th female adapter and ran into a problem. The design of the sender itself will not allow me to mount it right off of the Schrader valve. Unfortunately, no matter what I do it's going to come into contact with spark plug wires, intercooler tubes, or the SC top itself.

My question is, does anyone see a problem with getting a 1/16th NPT male to AN line adapter and running a line to the back of the firewall, and remote mounting the sender there? Unfortunately, it's more places for it to leak but that's the only solution I have besides mounting it where it's touching the Coil Pack and SC top.

If I was to run the AN line, what size should I be looking at? I'm not really familiar with AN lines, but from what I've gathered I should be using a 3 or 4 line

Opinions are appreciated.

-Corey

Last edited:
No problem remote mounting the sender. Using a 3an line would be fine and since that is also a popular size for use with most nitrous kits, the hose and fittings should be pretty easy to find.

David

I'm currently using a Nordskog Street Digital M8034 100PSI Fuel pressure gauge. I'm also using their electric sender.

I ended up buying a 1/16th male to 1/8th female adapter and ran into a problem. The design of the sender itself will not allow me to mount it right off of the Schrader valve. Unfortunately, no matter what I do it's going to come into contact with spark plug wires, intercooler tubes, or the SC top itself.

My question is, does anyone see a problem with getting a 1/16th NPT male to AN line adapter and running a line to the back of the firewall, and remote mounting the sender there? Unfortunately, it's more places for it to leak but that's the only solution I have besides mounting it where it's touching the Coil Pack and SC top.

If I was to run the AN line, what size should I be looking at? I'm not really familiar with AN lines, but from what I've gathered I should be using a 3 or 4 line

Opinions are appreciated.

-Corey

I had to use the 1/16th NPT male to 1/8th NPT female adapter and then used a brass 1/8" street 45° (male x female). I am able to clear everything. I'll see if I can find a picture.

That's similar to what I did. Used standard 1/4" gas hose to start but switched over to Aeroquip. Both were rated for 100 psi or more.

I couldn't find a picture of my installation and I can't take one right now because the car is on top of my lift with my other SC underneath it. The next time I get my car down, I'll snap a picture. FWIW, I have an AR on my car and the SC top is further foward than on a M90 and the electric fuel sender still fits when using the 1/8" NPT street 45° I suggested.

I couldn't find a picture of my installation and I can't take one right now because the car is on top of my lift with my other SC underneath it. The next time I get my car down, I'll snap a picture. FWIW, I have an AR on my car and the SC top is further foward than on a M90 and the electric fuel sender still fits when using the 1/8" NPT street 45° I suggested.

Alright. I appreciate the information. I'm gonna just get a 45* fitting and hook it up like that. Just trying to finish up a few little things here and there on the car.

Alright. I appreciate the information. I'm gonna just get a 45* fitting and hook it up like that. Just trying to finish up a few little things here and there on the car.
I just thought of this, I may have used a 1/8" male x male hex nipple and a regular 45. Regardless, you should be able to get it with a combination of 1/8" NPT fittings.

I actually found the pictures I took still on the camera. Here you go. In the pictures you will see that I ground flats into the cast fitting so I could use a wrench.

Attachments

• fuel pressure street 45.JPG
    fuel pressure street 45.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 80
  • fuel pressure street 45-2.JPG
    fuel pressure street 45-2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 72
  • fuel pressure street 45-3.JPG
    fuel pressure street 45-3.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 79
Back