Redesigning seats.

ricardoa1

I got a set of SC seats from my brothers SC. Ive been toying around the idea to customize it.

I think the SC with the inflatable side bolsters are great. But when I drive it around corners hard I slide around some from the bottom.

My SRT has the best seats Ive ever been in not even the terminator seats top it, I think part of it is that the SRT are supportive on the sides hand keep me in my seat at all times.

I was thinking of taking the bottom cushion and frame to a shop and reshape the foam to create side support I fear that I would need to weld some kind of bracket that will support the foam in the upright position on the sides. And still retain the look of stock seats.

What do you guys think?

I think you'd make it dang hard to get in and out of if you make the bolsters too big. Might want to make the seat easy to slide back and forward to ease entry.

One of the reasons I love the tweed seats in the 93 with just the upper leather. Holds you in the seat quite well.

i just finished swapping fd rx7 seats into my miata... they are VERY supportive and comfortable, and the bolsters are really deep. i take some pretty hard corners, and they keep me firmly planted. :)

i'm currently looking for another pair to swap into the sc. ;)

Back