trouble starting

90'silversc

a while ago we replaced the camshaft positioning sensor on my 90 supercoupe and since then it has had trouble starting it used to start after about 2 turns of the engine and now it takes triple that n sometimes more to start im sure it is something simple but idk if it is related to the cam positioning sensor. help please....:)

a while ago we replaced the camshaft positioning sensor on my 90 supercoupe and since then it has had trouble starting it used to start after about 2 turns of the engine and now it takes triple that n sometimes more to start im sure it is something simple but idk if it is related to the cam positioning sensor. help please....:)

did you replace just the sensor or the housing? i believe the sensor is just a bolt on deal but if you replaced the cam sensor housng (the part that goes into the timing cover) then i think that there is a certain procedure for that. why did you replace the sensor?

we just replaced the sensor and put it in just the way the old one came out. we replaced the sensor because the cars timing was going crazy and it would misfire badly and we replaced the plugs and wires and nothing worked and someone in the forum said to try replace the sensor and it worked just now it takes longer to start up.

Back