Pro-M maf?

Pacman

Will a pro-m maf for a 5.0 mustang work for a sc? friend of mine has one he bought thinking it was for a 4.6 and it wasnt. 85mm i believe its huge! has the calibration chart etc with it and i could get it cheap.

Will a pro-m maf for a 5.0 mustang work for a sc? friend of mine has one he bought thinking it was for a 4.6 and it wasnt. 85mm i believe its huge! has the calibration chart etc with it and i could get it cheap.

Won't really do you any good unless you get it recalibrated for an SC (6 cylinder) with whatever size injectors you are using. If the calibration is close, it's possible to make it work with a custom tune/chip.

David

If you have an accurate MAF curve for it you could get your EEC tuned to it. If you don't know the curve but you have an LM1 datalogger with wide band O2 and either an EEC tuner or an SCT Pro Racer package, Mega squirt, etc. you could figure it out eventually. I had an SCT Big Air 2400 which I mechanically dropped the curve about 1v on and it took a while but I eventually got it to match my tune with 60 lb. injectors. It was pretty tricky but it can be done.

Its easy to install the MAF, but what you need to know is it the tuner maf or was it calibrated for for an injector size. This will tell you how to setup your transfer function initially.

After that, then you need to be able to modify the tune by using a chip and tuning software, either it being the SCT setup or a Moates setup etc. Then as mentioned you need to get a wideband O2 sensor installed and start dialing the tune in. Don't touch the voltages, just change the "airflow" amount to dial in your fuel curve.

If you don't have access to anything to change your tune, then forget-about-it ;).

Fraser

Back