PDA

View Full Version : Mark VIII LCA Spring Perch Group Purchase

pablon2
01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I've been working with a local shop and we are ready to formally launch a group purchase for these perches. They are constructed of 6061-T6 aluminum and will include a hole in the center for those running air bags. Price will be $140 per set if we can get 10 or more people OR $150 for 5-9 people (sets). Shipping cost is not included in the price, but I imagine it'll be around $10-$15. Turnaround time will be 2-3 weeks from when ALL payments have been received. Post up if you are interested and would like to be on the list.

pablon2
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
These parts haven't been available for some time. Here's a chance to get in on a key component to lightening our pig SCs by reducing unsprung weight. Speak up if interested. I am getting a set or two made regardless. Figured I'd open it up to others and maybe save us money in the process. No sense in me hogging them all. :D

paintme205
01-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I want them. I have the cash and need them badly!!!

I am not on here often so please email me at paintme205@hotmail.com.

I would suggest posting on tccoa.com

When they are ready to be shipped let me know and i will paypal you if that works.

pablon2
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
I want them. I have the cash and need them badly!!!

I am not on here often so please email me at paintme205@hotmail.com.

I would suggest posting on tccoa.com

When they are ready to be shipped let me know and i will paypal you if that works.

Unfortunately, I would get slammed for posting at TCCOA b/c of their group purchase politics. I've seen it happen to well-intentioned folks. So, that is why I didn't post there. Feel free to spread the word of this group purchase though. Regarding payment: These parts are pre-pay. Gotta have the money before the material can be bought. :)

paintme205
01-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I will be more than willing to pay when you have enough people to order supplies. I dont like paying and then waiting 3-4 months for something since that is what tends to happen. Let me know though.

Someone else beat me to it also to post on tccoa so its on there.

pablon2
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM
I dont like paying and then waiting 3-4 months for something since that is what tends to happen. Let me know though.

I don't blame you as that is what can happen. We'll look to get a posting of who's interested first. At which point we'll then have payments sent in. As mentioned earlier, turnaround will be quick once everyone signs up and has paid.

So far we have interested:

1. paintme205

Edit: Interested parties can also email me at pablon2@yahoo.com

pablon2
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Bump.....just need a few more people to make a small batch.

DLF
02-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Just for grins, talk to the shop about the price of having them made using UMHW instead of aluminum, should be lighter, and might be cheaper.

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
If this doesnt work out for you they sell stuff for markviii coil spring conversions. I believe they are generally steel though. I'd probably want to isolate them to prevent any galvanic reaction however

pablon2
02-21-2009, 01:47 AM
If this doesnt work out for you they sell stuff for markviii coil spring conversions.

It'll work out for me either way. I was trying to bring it to others in the club.

pablon2
03-25-2009, 08:41 AM
We've got a couple guys interested and with money in hand. Just need a couple more.

XR7 Dave
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Paul, I need a set of these also and would be very interested in having them made from UMHW rather than aluminum.

pablon2
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Paul, I need a set of these also and would be very interested in having them made from UMHW rather than aluminum.

Can I safely assume you guys are talking about UHMW-PE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene)?