wheel offset/ fitment

nova72sc

i have a 90 sc, not lowered (yet) and i have the mustang hub swap, just wondering if these wheels will fit, they are on ebay but here is the specs of a few
also which would fit the best too!

1.Front 18 x 9" - 38mm / Rear 18 x 10" - 42mm - 5 on 4.5 Replica.

2.The front wheels are 18" x 9" (+40mm offset) and the rear wheels are the 18" x 10.5" (+50mm offset)

3.17" x 9" (+38mm with 6.55" backspacing).

thanks alot guys!!!!

Last edited:
The first wheels are close to what I have. CTR 2005 GT-40 replicas which are 18x9 38mm offset (6.4 back spacing) and 18x10 42bmm offset (7.2 back spacing) The front barly rubbed the spindle on the driver side when I turned to the right all the way so I used 1/8 in wheel spacers on the front and to even out the back I used 1/4 spacers. The back spacing was almost too much to use on what I chose to go with. Luckly the wheel studs on the rear were just long enough to get enough turns with the lug nuts to be on the safe side. Anything more on the back spacing or larger wheel spacers and this combo would not work for my 95 Bird. Eric

As mentioned, you will likely need very thin spacers on the front to keep from rubbing the spindles with +38 or +40 on 9" wheels.

For the rear, the 10" at +42 will be an easier fit than the 10.5" at +50. The 10" should fit right on, maybe a thin spacer need there to clear the stab. bar, but the 10.5" at +50, you're talking 7-3/4" of backspacing, so you would need almost an inch of spacer to keep that from rubbing on the inside.

So 9" and 10" with 245/45/18 and 275/40/18 is probably the best route to go.

cheers
Ed N.

thanks alot ed thats what i neede to know i just don't want to make a 1500 dollar mistake lol thanks again

I have 255/45/18's on the front and 285/40/18's on the rear but I wanted a little taller than stock because I did not use drop springs. Eric

That would be a nice combo too, even on a lowered car. There are less choices in those sizes that the 245/275 combo though, and you would probably have to roll or trim your rear fender lips on a lowered car.

cheers
Ed N.

thats kinda what i figured i was looking for those sizes and just a little less common, and i do plan on lowering it, i can't wait to get these wheels, gonna look sick, just waitin for tax return haha, thanks alot for the info guys, anyone else feel free to post, would be cool to see what other combos people are running out there!

Back