Question to Dalke about Moates chips

nickleman60

Dave, what's up with this new Moates brand chip? A friend told me that you're selling them now along with SCT chips.

Theres one in my car,If I understood correctly, I think it was a better bang for the buck if your going for a single tune chip. I dont really know much about them. Double deezzz is the one to talk to fo sho.

Corey

They are alot cheaper than the SCT chips and have the capability to hold 2 tunes by wiring in a switch. There is also software out there that has full support for the SC's that can interface with the Moates hardware. I've been using the Moates stuff for awhile and I've had no issues.

Fraser

SCT chip can hold 4 tunes as well I have had an SCT chip for 3 years not one problem unlike with a EEC tuner that was hit and miss.

One attractive feature I heard about the Moates hardware/software is that it has real time datalogging capabilities and tune on the fly features.:cool:

Do you guys recommend any literature, books, novels :) on learning how to understand car computer functions and tune chips? Is there an "SC tuning for Dummies" book? :eek:

I am getting the moates chip and I'm eager to learn. About all I know now is how to plug it in.

Thanks

Look up a book called Engine Management, Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish. Its pretty good at letting you know whats involved.

After that you need to get into our tuning forum here and start asking questions.

As for the Moates equipment, you need to go beyond just a chip and a flasher unit to be able to tune your own car.

Fraser

Back