PDA

View Full Version : 2009 club clash dates?

kenewagner
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Any word yet on the dates for the 2009 year? Still have a white car in Altoona that needs to be thrashed:D

Ken

90blkbrd
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
That's a lot of talk coming from a owner of a currently N/A SC.

forcfed93
02-07-2009, 10:01 PM
We should know the dates this next week.

kenewagner
02-09-2009, 03:28 PM

Your right challenging a SC with a broke tranny is going to far:eek::D:D Fairly sure both our cars will be ready to rumble at about the same time;)

Ken

90blkbrd
02-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Your right challenging a SC with a broke tranny is going to far:eek::D:D Fairly sure both our cars will be ready to rumble at about the same time;)

Ken

Hey it wasn't broke per say. It just has wore out blocker rings. Who would have thunk it was possible to wear 4 of them out in 15,000 miles. I was told when the tail shaft broke in 2005 and DD fixed it he put in new blockers.

I would have to admit if we raced today your N/A 120 rwhp would beat my 425 chp. :)

If I am lucky I could have it back yet this weekend. :)

pablon2
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Do we have an update yet?

Thomas A
02-19-2009, 10:01 PM

That's how us guys over here in Nebraska do it. ;)

Thomas

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Any word on the spring date??? I'd like to make it to this event again, it was fun last tiem i went but i didnt have the car with me and now its ready.

90blkbrd
02-23-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.tristateraceway.com/ Then click on schedule. It says it was updated on 2/19/09.

We are scheduled for May 3rd and October 11th. But we should wait for Mike to post to confirm this information.

Any word on the spring date??? I'd like to make it to this event again, it was fun last tiem i went but i didnt have the car with me and now its ready.

The club clash rules explicitly state no turbo's. J/K

Ira R.
02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.tristateraceway.com/ Then click on schedule. It says it was updated on 2/19/09.

We are scheduled for May 3rd and October 11th. But we should wait for Mike to post to confirm this information.

October 11?? The week after the Shoot Out huh?? Hmmm... if I'm already in OH and can find something to do for a few days......

Of course The Boss would probably change the locks while I was gone.

Ira

pablon2
02-23-2009, 01:41 PM

According to the schedule we'll be sharing the track with street legal drags?

90blkbrd
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
October 11?? The week after the Shoot Out huh??

Last year they were 2 weeks apart. :(

Hmmm... if I'm already in OH and can find something to do for a few days......Ira

You are more than welcome to a room at my place in between the 2 events.

According to the schedule we'll be sharing the track with street legal drags?

If memory serves me correctly. (don't say it) That is how it went last year.

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
The club clash rules explicitly state no turbo's. J/K

ha, I dont care if i dont win i just want to race it:cool:

Im glad its not in June, Im getting married might want to take monday off of work though we'll see..it does show its an open day so i might bring a few friends...

Mike8675309
02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
The SC/GTP event always shares the track and is a Bracket event and it is a 1/4 mile track.

How it usually works is: Track opens at 8am or 9am. Track starts test and tune at 9am or 10am. you run as many time trials or grudge matches you want. Then, before lunch, time trials are run. Typically two time trials are run to establish the brackets.

Brackets are matched by Reaction Time with some adjustment to try to have SC vs GTP for the most part. After lunch you set your dials, and the Elimination runs start. Standard Sportsman tree.

Byes go to fastest reaction time. You loose and you are out. Trophy goes to the overall winner. Prize Money goes to the top SC drivers. (i.e., last fall, all SC's were out by the final round)

During the event, test and tune cars run, as well as Jr. Dragsters. The track gives us time to cool down before runs. At least 30 minutes. If you want to run with test and tune you can. If after elimination you want to run down the track, you can.

I typically get 18-20 runs in at a SC/GTP event. We get a discount price for the day, plus a chance to win some cash, a trophy and get to hang out with some car guys. Nothing wrong with that.

I took 2nd place a couple times, 1st once, have had fun every single time.
Here is a picture from 2005
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/tcw_fort/SCCoAIClubClashII2005/023_2ndplace.jpg

I see mike posted a thread now too.. it's official;
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105285

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Mike,

You planning on going in May??? I am tenatively scheduling things to make sure I can go, probably do a easy drive down Saturday the 2nd most likely with a few buddies who will race just for fun with the test and tune crowd.

Didn't know if you wanted to cruise down together, that would be kind of fun having a few cars cruising together. Just a thought.

I also made sure they have plenty of e85 gas stations for me as well( although i did hear you might be leaning towards that woute at one time), and there are a few...i think they grow small amounts of corn in iowa...

Keith

Mike8675309
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Mike,

You planning on going in May??? I am tenatively scheduling things to make sure I can go, probably do a easy drive down Saturday the 2nd most likely with a few buddies who will race just for fun with the test and tune crowd.

Didn't know if you wanted to cruise down together, that would be kind of fun having a few cars cruising together. Just a thought.

I also made sure they have plenty of e85 gas stations for me as well( although i did hear you might be leaning towards that woute at one time), and there are a few...i think they grow small amounts of corn in iowa...

Keith

E85 is not terribly plentiful down there. Premium is basically 91 octane. Maybe the track will have E85 now as it's getting terribly popular with drag cars. For example, while it may be old data, this site http://e85vehicles.com/e85-iowa.htm shows Iowa has 116 e85 stations. The same site shows Minnesota has 372. So, maybe PM mike albee (forcefed) and see if he knows of any in the area, or if the track is going to have it.

I tend to bring 5 gallons of fuel with me. I probably won't be running E85 by then. If I am, I'll probably bring 10 gallons.

I am planning to be there, with the level of participation depending on..well, cars, but I'll be there. If I'm going to run a car, I try to get there about 8:30am, which means hitting the road pretty early. But I'm willing to caravan if you would like to.

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Cool, I was thinking of leaving on Saturday not Sunday possibly, but everything is still up in the air.

Get a hotel for the night or something and have some fun. hit up a local bar or something last time i was there the town was kind of a ghost town though where we stayed.

I did do some research and found there to be e85 stations in Floyd, Mason City, and in Clear Lake. Those were all close to the suggested roads that mapquest laid out for me, so if anyone knows of more, that would be great.

I will definately have a spare 5-10 gallons on hand though!

forcfed93
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
I posted the info on the events a few minutes ago.

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Mike A.,

Is there going to be a specific hotel anyone is staying at that you know of? I'd like to leave Saturday and stay one night.

Also you know of any e85 gas stations near by earlville?

Keith

supercharged95
02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
I did do some research and found there to be e85 stations in Floyd, Mason City, and in Clear Lake. Those were all close to the suggested roads that mapquest laid out for me, so if anyone knows of more, that would be great.

I will definately have a spare 5-10 gallons on hand though!

I could be reading this wrong, but i hope you're not planning on filling up.. those towns are 2+hrs from earlville...

aplvlydrtybird
02-23-2009, 08:51 PM
well....they were on the way from where i am coming from...Prior Lake, MN

btw how you been man haven't seen you around the forums lately? Hows the car anything new and cool?

Keith

supercharged95
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm good man, my car's been sitting in a garage forever now... you saw it in rare form! I was going to build it up in '07 but instead moved to miami for a girl. it's a long story but in the end we're not together and I just got back to iowa about a month or so ago. Went out, cranked her over and started like a champ. I have a few things to put on it that should get it running again, so I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be ready to drive (maybe race) at the clash. How's everything with you? I heard that you turbo'd your bagged car??

Here's some shots from oct '07..

http://www.ecimulti.org/albums/album275/PICT0007.sized.jpg
http://www.ecimulti.org/albums/album275/PICT0012.sized.jpg
http://www.ecimulti.org/albums/album275/PICT0015.sized.jpg
http://www.ecimulti.org/albums/album275/PICT0022.sized.jpg

aplvlydrtybird
02-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Sucks about the girl man, but glad to see you are back in the area. Things are pretty good here, getting married in June but thats about it.

I did turbo the car (finally finished it last fall) and it has been bagged for at least 4 years now. Still need to build the rear end and do a few other things but hopefully i can get her down to Earlville whether those things are done or not.

Heres a link to my turbo build if you haven't seen it
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73321

Go to the very end for the latest pics.

It doesn't have the very final pics but you'll get the idea. got it to the dyno and everything.

forcfed93
02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Mike A.,

Is there going to be a specific hotel anyone is staying at that you know of? I'd like to leave Saturday and stay one night.

Also you know of any e85 gas stations near by earlville?

Keith

Keith, I'm not sure if any one hotel has been named yet. But there are several good ones located in the 33rd Avenue SW area. If you go to http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/Area-Hotels.html there is a list of them including 2 Super 8's a Red Roof inn and others. I think Dave N and the guys from St Louis stayed at the Heartland Inn last fall.

The only two E85 stations around here are about 8 miles from my house. One is in Marion (on the way from my house to the track) and in Walford (just west of CR).

aplvlydrtybird
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Awesome, Thanks Mike. I just started to do a little searching for the e85 in iowa. We'll see i might even trailer it...being stranded in Iowa is the greatest thing. But we'll see.

I'll check out the hotels and maybe wait a little to see where everyone is going to stay.

any total count on who is going?

Keith

forcfed93
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll check out the hotels and maybe wait a little to see where everyone is going to stay.

any total count on who is going?

Keith

No numbers yet ... it's only been a few days!!!

aplvlydrtybird
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Anyone hear of the us 20 lodging, or maybe it is referred to as teh country haven motel???? it says its right off of 265th ave in earlville very close tot eh track. looks like the only one in town.

i am looking for something really cheap for one night closest to the track as possible.

Keith

supercharged95
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Sucks about the girl man, but glad to see you are back in the area. Things are pretty good here, getting married in June but thats about it.

I did turbo the car (finally finished it last fall) and it has been bagged for at least 4 years now. Still need to build the rear end and do a few other things but hopefully i can get her down to Earlville whether those things are done or not.

Heres a link to my turbo build if you haven't seen it
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73321

Go to the very end for the latest pics.

It doesn't have the very final pics but you'll get the idea. got it to the dyno and everything.

congrats on the upcoming wedding and the car looks noice! I'm hoping mine will be ready for the shootout... otherwise I'll be tagging along in a white bird

aplvlydrtybird
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Cool, hopefully everything works out and I can make it down there in May.

David Neibert
03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Bummer...this falls on the same weekend as the Dayton Spring meet :(

David

forcfed93
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone hear of the us 20 lodging, or maybe it is referred to as teh country haven motel???? it says its right off of 265th ave in earlville very close tot eh track. looks like the only one in town.

i am looking for something really cheap for one night closest to the track as possible.

Keith
Yes, it's called the country haven motel. Ph, (563) 923-2415

aplvlydrtybird
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Awesome, Thanks Mike

ScrapSC
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Bummer...this falls on the same weekend as the Dayton Spring meet :(

David

Yeh I was noticing that also. I would like to get up there and check this out but with it being so close to the shootout there is no way.

Mike8675309
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeh I was noticing that also. I would like to get up there and check this out but with it being so close to the shootout there is no way.

You mean the fall one being close to the shootout?

It's rough when events get close together like that. But it really is an event worthy of attending. For the cost it just can't be beat.

Bummer about the Dayton meet conflict. It's rough to get track schedules early in the season.

aplvlydrtybird
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Question for you guys.

I have the battery relocated to the trunk and was wondering how picky the tech inspection is at tri state? I don't have a cut off switch and am wondering if any one else has a battery in the trunk w/o the cutoff switch?

or if you do have a cutoff switch where did you tap into to shut the car down??? fuel/spark etc.?

Thanks

90blkbrd
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Question for you guys.

I have the battery relocated to the trunk and was wondering how picky the tech inspection is at tri state? I don't have a cut off switch and am wondering if any one else has a battery in the trunk w/o the cutoff switch?

or if you do have a cutoff switch where did you tap into to shut the car down??? fuel/spark etc.?

Thanks

They seem to be pretty lenient with our group IMO.

Last spring the tech took a second look at my SC's aftermarket battery tie down (in front) and didn't even look at Ken Wagner's car who has the battery in the trunk and no cutoff switch.

aplvlydrtybird
03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah I see. I think i will try and get one in there just in case. Dont need to travel 4 hours and not be able to race.

David Neibert
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah I see. I think i will try and get one in there just in case. Dont need to travel 4 hours and not be able to race.

They are pretty strict about wearing a helmet, so don't forget to bring that. Felt pretty silly wearing one driving my wife's Charger, but since it was running mid 13s I had to wear it.

David

aplvlydrtybird
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
They are pretty strict about wearing a helmet, so don't forget to bring that. Felt pretty silly wearing one driving my wife's Charger, but since it was running mid 13s I had to wear it.

David

Oh thats ok I dont plan on going faster than a 15 seconds I dont think, so I should be fine:rolleyes:

I've got a few friends that ride bikes so I should be able to borrow a helmet

It's too bad you wont be making it out for the spring clash. You thought about coming to the fall clash?

I also tried to call tri state, but no one was home. I wanted to know if i had a sealed gel battery if i still needed to have the sealed box/rear firewall, or can just have it secured with a c/o switch?

I would assume i need the sealed box anyways, but you never know, thats just another $70+ I wouldn't rather spend.

Mike8675309
03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Lots of info on relocating a battery in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38407&highlight=gel+battery

aplvlydrtybird
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Nice, Thanks Mike.

Whats your plan for the clash?? You leaving early Sunday morning or were you planning on staying the night before.

David Neibert
03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh thats ok I dont plan on going faster than a 15 seconds I dont think, so I should be fine:rolleyes:

I've got a few friends that ride bikes so I should be able to borrow a helmet

It's too bad you wont be making it out for the spring clash. You thought about coming to the fall clash?

It depends on how things go at the Shootout (like if my car is still running afterward) and what the dates for both meets end up being.

David

Mike8675309
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice, Thanks Mike.

Whats your plan for the clash?? You leaving early Sunday morning or were you planning on staying the night before.

I'll probably be leaving early sunday. If I go down Saturday it'll be a last minute decision. It makes a long day, driving 4 hours down, and 4 hours back, plus racing, all in one day. But to be honest, the drive down is perfect. Almost no one on the road, and you can make good time. Makes for a nice quiet morning.

aplvlydrtybird
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I'll probably be leaving early sunday. If I go down Saturday it'll be a last minute decision. It makes a long day, driving 4 hours down, and 4 hours back, plus racing, all in one day. But to be honest, the drive down is perfect. Almost no one on the road, and you can make good time. Makes for a nice quiet morning.

ok well when it comes closer I will let you know what we will be doing in case you want to join in.

aplvlydrtybird
04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Well I booked a couple of rooms at the country haven motel in earlville for saturday the 2nd with a couple of friends.

So if anyone else is traveling and wants to hang out, meet up, have a few beers etc, thats where we will be.

forcfed93
04-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Well I booked a couple of rooms at the country haven motel in earlville for saturday the 2nd with a couple of friends.

So if anyone else is traveling and wants to hang out, meet up, have a few beers etc, thats where we will be.

We'll be having a few here in CR Saturday night too.

aplvlydrtybird
04-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Sounds good. You have a tally yet on how many sc's will be coming?

aplvlydrtybird
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
well unfortunately i wont be able to make it now, i was planning on coming with a few people but they aren't going to make it and i don't really intend on traveling alone, so hopefully i can make it to the fall clash.

Thomas A
04-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Boooo... I was really looking forward to seeing your SC. Can you swing over to Minnesota and join those guys for the drive down??

Thomas

Melon
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
He is in Minnesota :D

Get a hold of Mike8675309 - I believe he's coming from the Twin Cities area as well.

-Melon

Thomas A
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
I was thinking he was in Wisconsin for some reason?? :confused:

Yeah, Mike is coming down. I'm sure he'd cruise with you.

Thomas

aplvlydrtybird
04-30-2009, 08:17 AM
yea i don't live to far from mike, but two of the friends were trailering their cars down so i thought just in case if something broke i would have means to bring the car back home. but it sounds like their cars will be ready in time for the fall clash which i really want to go to

Mike8675309
05-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Bahh... trailer schmailer. Looking forward to hitting the track tomorrow.

aplvlydrtybird
05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
So how did everything go??? any pics/vids???