Anybody in San Diego have an EEC Tuner?

SteveSilverSC

Hey everybody,

I live in Mira-Mesa and I was just wondering if anybody down here has an EEC Tuner and experience with tuning our cars? I want to eventually buy my own EEC-Tuner, but I figured I could see if anybody would be willing to Flash my chip for me. I'd pay for it, and it's no big deal if nobody has one, but I was just reading some threads on EEC Tuners and thought I'd ask.

Thanks!!

Steve

hey steve, check with TBK, he is out of RB. Not sure if he has a tuner, but it's worth a shot... i have been looking for one as well, so if you find someone, can you let me know?

TBK does not have a tuner and is not interested much in the whole Thunderbird thing. Last I heard, he was just trying to get his bird running well enough to get rid of it as he already bought another car, 87 or 84 (I forget) Fierro GT.

Al

Eww... my dad bought a "Ford Code Reader" from somewhere... im not sure if this is what you need, but if it is, i am in escondido, email me, and we'll get you started.

Not What is Requested

A tuner and a code reader are not the same item.
John Shelton has one running on his car.
If you are not able to secure one, you may want to look at his during one of our meets.
The Tuner is usually used to manage those SC's that are modified.

EEC Tuner

I thought the tuner was sort of like a chip that you plugged into the EEC in your car. From there you run a cable in to your home PC or a laptop. You can have Dr. Fred make you a file or a variety of files depending on your requirements. I think they are $400.00.

Back