were to get rod and crank bearings?

92sclikenew

were can i find good brand and set of rod bearings and main bearings!

also since my motor is knocking im sure im gonna need at least 1 rod..

i already picked up a crank that is .25mm under.

little behind this to know what im working with

head gaskets took a crap while driving, keep driving to get home. did the gaskets.

ran the car about a mile and the motor started to knock,so i figured the water hurt the bearings and the crank.

so that being said what would you suggest buying to re do the short block? still runs but don't sound good!

Sealed power has parts
Clevite has parts

That's for bearings. Not sure if Aftermarket..stock style.. rods are available.

im just lookin to not spend tons of money to put this thing back together!

i know were talkin about a sc and not spending tons of money in the same sentience dont work but im gonna try with this one! :eek::D;)

Before you go that route, I'd tear down that motor first and see what kind of damage has been done to it before you commit to buying anything to rebuild it. For example, if a rod let go you could have some nasty gashes on the cylinder walls.

Good luck.

Fraser

Before you go that route, I'd tear down that motor first and see what kind of damage has been done to it before you commit to buying anything to rebuild it. For example, if a rod let go you could have some nasty gashes on the cylinder walls.

Good luck.

Fraser

nothing let go! still runs only reason it knocks so hard now is cuz i was drivin it, when it started it was very light.

but that is a good point. ether way tho if this one happens to be trasted i will get another block and start from there!..

I have a wholesale account to get these kinds of parts and half the time rockauto is cheaper.
Alan

I got all the stuff to do my crankshaft and bearings from O'Reilleys

I priced Rock Auto, and had to come from three wharehouses for $38 shipping, with a discount code.
I also priced Summit which a back order of a month on my bearings.

After all was said and done, incl local tax, OR cost me about $15 more which I will take to have the 'over the counter' exchange if needed.
They had it all next day, no shipping.

Good luck

i dont think there is a O'Reilleys around here. at least that i know of!

best i have is a auto zone,advanced auto, murrys auto parts,napa,and one i think called auto value.

I got all the stuff to do my crankshaft and bearings from O'Reilleys

I priced Rock Auto, and had to come from three wharehouses for $38 shipping, with a discount code.
I also priced Summit which a back order of a month on my bearings.

After all was said and done, incl local tax, OR cost me about $15 more which I will take to have the 'over the counter' exchange if needed.
They had it all next day, no shipping.

Good luck

my undersized rods cost $18 after tax from autozone in an area that has 12 part stores, price match/beat!

Back