PDA

View Full Version : GTP rotor pak.....SOLD

nickleman60
02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a GTP rotor pak that I bought for my MPX case before the problem came to light about coating coming off from ODing the blower. I installed in the MPX case but never ran them, took them out and installed a set of uncoated rotors. They're ready to install with the line up dowel in the correct position. A couple of places at the ends of the rotors have a very little chipping of the teflon but overall they're in really good shape, all they are to me are a paper weight in a box in the garage.

$100 plus shipping

XR7 Dave
02-07-2009, 08:57 PM
How much clearance is there between the rotors and the plate? How about perceptible gear lash?

nickleman60
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
How much clearance is there between the rotors and the plate? How about perceptible gear lash?

Dave, I'm just a shade tree mechanic so how do I measure what your asking? I guess I could use a feeler gauge to measure the clearance between the rotors and plate but how do i measure the gear lash?

Flint
02-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Its coated roror pack?
I take if coated.
Also i need snout.
LMK.
Thank you.

nickleman60
02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Its coated roror pack?
I take if coated.
Also i need snout.
LMK.
Thank you.

You have a PM.

I have a snout that needs a seal if you're interested.

XR7 Dave
02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Dave, I'm just a shade tree mechanic so how do I measure what your asking? I guess I could use a feeler gauge to measure the clearance between the rotors and plate but how do i measure the gear lash?

To measure rotor clearance you need to install the rotors into a case just far enough that the alignment dowels start to engage, then stick a feeler gauge in there and check clearance. This is a procedure that all people with overdriven blowers should know how to do because it was through *assuming* that I was ok that we lost 2 blowers in one day. It's easy to do and it could really save your butt one day. :)

As for gear lash, while you have the rotor pack in there just rattle the gears back and forth. If you can feel (and hear) the gears clicking back and forth then they are worn. It seems like the GTP's had problems with this. I have a set of rotors in my one car that look perfect but they have so much gear lash that the doggone thing sounds like a cement mixer. :eek:

Dahoopd
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a GTP rotor pak that I bought for my MPX case before the problem came to light about coating coming off from ODing the blower. I installed in the MPX case but never ran them, took them out and installed a set of uncoated rotors. They're ready to install with the line up dowel in the correct position. A couple of places at the ends of the rotors have a very little chipping of the teflon but overall they're in really good shape, all they are to me are a paper weight in a box in the garage.

$100 plus shipping

Would you happen to have the GTP snout? Let me know.

getblown
02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Would you happen to have the GTP snout? Let me know.

I"m pretty sure the GTP snouts are part of the actual case, but I could be wrong.

XR7 Dave
02-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I"m pretty sure the GTP snouts are part of the actual case, but I could be wrong.

No, they can't be because as the picture shows, they are removable. ;) Perhaps you are thinking about the inlet being part of the case.

getblown
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
No, they can't be because as the picture shows, they are removable. ;) Perhaps you are thinking about the inlet being part of the case.

Very true. I stand corrected (and smacked for being dumb).:)