Alright input on a Scanner?

ScrapSC

Well I have a 05 Mountaineer and would like to see how it is running/troubleshoot if needed. I have seen autoxray, autotap, Innova 3140, etc.... I really just want to see real time data. The few I have listed dont seem to be to badly priced for around 250 or less.

I was having problems last year with my Explorer and wanted to see real time data also. I purchased an Actron CP9180, it has the abiltity to read real time data and record them. I also got it for $170.

Last edited:
Yeh, I have already read through the post started by Neibert. I have also been looking around at several different types and brands but havent nailed one down yet. I will take a look at the one you got posted there and see about its functions and what it logs.

Another option is the Xcal from SCT. It can be used to program one car (like say the 4v Cougar....) and then it can be used to datalog any Ford. The data acquisition is awesome and it will display everything real time as well as save any data you want in an easy to use and highly legible graph format (requires a laptop). It also reads and clears all codes of course.

Another option is the Xcal from SCT. It can be used to program one car (like say the 4v Cougar....) and then it can be used to datalog any Ford. The data acquisition is awesome and it will display everything real time as well as save any data you want in an easy to use and highly legible graph format (requires a laptop). It also reads and clears all codes of course.

How mush and is there a link to one?

I have the SCT Xcal that came with the cougar. Duh... The thought didnt cross my mind on it.

Back