fuel pump question

slowpoke

I'm stepping up to a 75mm tb and 76mm sensor. 38# injectors. I have a stock(but new) fuel pump in it. Not sure what stock flow rate is, but will it be enough or do i want to get a bigger pump?? Only other mods are 10% od sc pulley and mod exhaust. K&N air filter.

I'm stepping up to a 75mm tb and 76mm sensor. 38# injectors. I have a stock(but new) fuel pump in it. Not sure what stock flow rate is, but will it be enough or do i want to get a bigger pump?? Only other mods are 10% od sc pulley and mod exhaust. K&N air filter.

If you have an 89-93 SC, I don't think the stock pump is big enough. If upgrading the pump get a 255 lph hi pressure pump and it will give you plenty of room for future growth.

David

The stock 89-93 pump was 130lph but replacements are all 150-170lph so if you have one of those you will be ok. 38lb injectors at 100% duty cycle will use about 140lph but you are not going to max out 38lb injectors with a stock motor. If I was buying a fuel pump I'd get the 255lph but since you already have a new pump, just leave it alone.

the new pump was in the back seat when i got the car. so i dont know what size it is. i found out why the pump was there, 3 months after i got the car the pump went out lol. If indeed i need to get another 1 your right. i might as well step up to the 255.

Ok i tracked it down and the pump is an AIRTEX E2044. 90-100psi and 45gph. Theres 3.785 liters per gallon making it 170lph. If indeed 38lb injectors use only 140lph then i think ill be ok. Thank god i really really didnt want to mess with the fuel tank again :)

Last edited:
Back