Oil in intercooler pipes

blwntbird94

I took the intercooler pipes off my bird to change my power steering pump, and about 20 minutes after I removed the lower pipe from the bottom of the intercooler I noticed a small pool of oil directly under the car where the pipe is. I noticed that the inside of the lower and upper pipes have oil all over them. I don't know what this is from or how to correct it. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that a little bit of oil is no big deal. Mine is the same way. I could be wrong though... but I hope I'm not. :p

Its completly nomal. Over time oil gets sucked in through the PCV valve and ends up on the bottom of the system. A new PCV valve might help but make sure you gat one from ford as the replacments are not for forced induction engines that pressurise the vac system. Just clean what you can and make sure it all gets sealed up right.

Speaking of PCV. I went to the auto parts store and asked if they have a different model # for the SC as opposed to the NA V6. He did but it was wierd. The whole thing was a dusky steal and the top side was straight and threaded.

The NA PCV valve was normal with a shiney valve and a 90 degree plastic end that fit on the the hose.

Has anybody seen said unusual PCV valve?

Back