PDA

View Full Version : code 55?

jflynn13
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
in the name of all that is holy, what is this code? I can't find anything about it. Anyone have any ideas?

KMT
02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
There is apparently no 55 for the SC (http://www.njtacc.com/tech/eec_codes.html), sorry.

There are three codes with 55 in them, however:

552 O Air Management 1 circuit failure
556 O,C Primary fuel pump circuit failure
558 O EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) circuit failure

fturner
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
2 possibilities... but generally found on the older vehicles.

Open connection in ignition key circuit, 83-88 3.8L TBI

or

Charging system out of range for 83-88 (ex. 3.8L TBI)

I do know there is circuitry and code in the EEC that can detect system overcharging/undercharging. Might want to double check your Alternator and check on the voltage output. I'd need to go through the programming code to find exactly what voltage the limits are.

Fraser

james5275
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
55 is the end code for most Mopars I believe. Sorry I can't tell you much more except make sure you're reading the codes properly. Good luck,
JJ

TSC89
02-12-2009, 01:10 AM
In my Innova Ford Code book that came with my reader, Code 55 for the EEC-IV is this:

Test Condition: Run

Code 55 - Cars Only - Open connection in ignition key circuit.

Not sure what that means though. I haven't seen that one before.

jflynn13
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
after long and exhaustive research I have finally found the source of Code 55. The information is as follows: "If you are looking for code 55, KOEO, the source is you, moron. There is no code 55 in the self test. learn how to count." I was a little offended but I am glad I found the source of the code.

**it was code 51**

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

KMT
02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
after long and exhaustive research I have finally found the source of Code 55. The information is as follows: "If you are looking for code 55, KOEO, the source is you, moron. There is no code 55 in the self test. learn how to count." I was a little offended but I am glad I found the source of the code.

**it was code 51**

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

51: O,C Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) circuit open

That makes a bit more sense :) At least one of us tried to tell you 55 wasn't applicable - guess now we know what it takes to get your attention....hehehe. At least it applies to your vehicle. Check the ECT connector to be sure it's clean and snug...and plugged in, of course. If the harness and connector look ok, consider replacing the ECT. You can test it for continuity while it is still installed to make things a bit easier.

fturner
02-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Actually code 55 is applicable in our cars as far as voltage goes, but will only throw the code if power goes below 8 volts or above 16 which is the limits of that number :D.

Don't discount anything just because it is not "listed" in some Ford document somewhere.

Glad you found your problem :).

Fraser