uh oh

mc94xr7

:eek:i think i may coulda put my clutch on backwards:eek:. What are the symptoms of this? but... i found it was difficult to put on the other way. the bolts just wouldn't reach. so i figured there is only one way. i also figured the hard way was the right way but just couldnt get her on. it didnt say which side was the flywheel side- i guess it got worn off. possible darwin award candidate here:eek::p

Did the clutch disc sit flush against the flywheel face before the pressure plate was installed? Can you post photos?

oh ya... symptoms im feelin are, almost like a half pedal feel when i push the clutch pedal down to the floor. i know this because i couldn't get her in gear with her runnin but when i started her in gear, she moved forward a bit but not as fast as she would if i hadn't pushed the pedal at all

she was bled a last year. maybe some air got into her. i dont know how that would have happened

If the fluid level is low it'll feel like that. Check the reservoir level and fill it if it is. You know where the reservoir is on the driver's side firewall, right? If it's Ok after filling and the problem comes back, the slave cylinder is leaking and will have to be replaced. Always replace it when replacing the clutch.

yah it be difficult to install the disk wrong. It be obvious as it doenst fit good or at all when flipped. Check master bleed if need be

the fluid level seems good. maybe ill top a bit more in there. it doesnt feel like a leak. i pumped the crap out of the pedal, hoping to watch the level go down. maybe air got in somehow.

ok. the slave cylinder. is that the cylinder on the firewall which is attached to the pedal? or is that the one in the bellhousing that pushes the clutch around? if you do a google search for pictures, it show both lol like 50/50 chancelol
well... i bought my master cylinder from the wreckers befor because the one i got for the swap was broken. maybe thats the culprit.

Last edited:
Master cylinder is above...connected to the pedal. Fluid is added to the reservoir nearby.

0900c1528006bc21.gif

Slave cylinder is below....connected to the clutch throwout bearing.

Add fluid above and bleed air below...

Last edited:
thank you. i replaced the release bearing when i removed my engine. the clutch was still good. that doesn't bring up any possible culprits, does it?

You should go ahead and bleed the system now since that will be the least costly and labor intensive thing you can do at this point.

Post again here to let us know if it works or not. Good luck.

Back