Dump your alternator?

well there could be a problem with that. not only cost but how wold it recharge your car under a heavy load. Like a high wattage sterio system, And how would it recharge on long straight smooth roads? Those 2 problems i can forsee with it. But it would be expencive to run also it would be expensive to build one with the auto ride.

well there could be a problem with that. not only cost but how wold it recharge your car under a heavy load. Like a high wattage sterio system, And how would it recharge on long straight smooth roads? Those 2 problems i can forsee with it. But it would be expencive to run also it would be expensive to build one with the auto ride.

I think it's just an addition to the charging system; it wouldn't be the sole charging source. Great technology! If we could only harvest the force of the wind against the car and do something with it. Now that would be something.

And you think ARC shocks are expensive? If these were the sole source, I could see a problem with vehicles in high population areas where you don't get very far during rush hour, or vehicles that idle for extended periods of time. This may be a good idea as a back up system for big rigs though.

>And you think ARC shocks are expensive?

Well....if you compare an item that provides energy to propel the vehicle, versus an otherwise identical item that doesn't, the one contributing to fuel efficiency will at least theoretically pay for itself over time. The one that doesn't do this is then a candidate for being more expensive...over time.

Thats like buying a Prius to save fuel. Sure, you get 50mpg, but how long will it take to recover spending $20,000? Thats a lot of fuel you can buy. I see what your saying, but the cost would be far to expensive to justify replacing the shocks in a current car. If and when manufacturers install these, when they do go bad, its going to put a dent in your pocket, thats for sure. Will it throw a CEL when they go bad? It would make it easier to tell when its time to replace your shocks.

>when they do go bad, its going to put a dent in your pocket, thats for sure.

Based on the proposed complexity, I'd hazard a guess that these wouldn't be simply swapped out and tossed into the landfill like what we have now - they would be rebuildable. Making their cost-per-mile that much lower.

Back