How to turn off ABS light?

None2Slow

My abs light is on. I have switched to conventional power assist brakes, took out both relays and pulled the fuse. The abs light is still on. Anything else I may need to do? Thanks.

:rolleyes: Open the trunk. Lower the deck tray from the LH side (there is 1 push clip on the LH side). Then disconnect the ABS module.

Thank you. That's more of what I was looking for. Tape ? whats the matta for you... :p

I did the same as you, pulling fuses, etc.
I even pulled the ABS computer out of the trunk.
My ABS light is still on.
Did you ever get yours to go out?
If so, how did you do it?
Don't tell me you put black tape over it -- lol

just pull the light bulb out of the cluster

Removing the cluster on these cars is quite easy. you should be able to pull the bulb and put it all back together within 2 hours.

Something that beats black tape is to drill a hole though the plastic housing though the cluster and pop the bulb. :eek::eek::eek::eek: j/k Pull the bulb.

Jerry

Last edited:
Some of you guys kill me. lol
The drill is the way I'm going to do it.
No taping.
No pulling cluster then the bulb.
2 hours?
BS
I'm drilling through the plastic till the bulb turns dim.

lol thats hilarious

anyway.. you should be able to pull the cluster in less than 15 min seriously

only 2 screws on the bezel and 4 screws that hold the cluster in... not hard or time consuming

watch out for the vac line on the boost gauge.. :)

don't need to remove the cluster?

just remove the clear plastic that cover the gages with the cluster still attached ... then remove the (black bulb cover for the abs) figure out witch one are you gonna take out ...use a pliers (long skinny ones) to pull and twist the bulb ........... you don't need to take the whole cluster out!....;)...this should take like 25... to 30 start to finish....:cool:

You need to unplug both the ABS computer and the Anti-lock Power Relay on the right side of the firewall. This relay is not energized when the ABS computer is disconnected or when it detects a fault in the ABS system. If only the relay is left connected, it will supply ground to the ABS light, which will turn it on.

You need to unplug both the ABS computer and the Anti-lock Power Relay on the right side of the firewall. This relay is not energized when the ABS computer is disconnected or when it detects a fault in the ABS system. If only the relay is left connected, it will supply ground to the ABS light, which will turn it on.

That make sense, thank you.
But there are three relays over there and the area is very tight.
They are hanging on a metal mount.
Any tricks to get this puppy loose?

Thanks man

The relay you need to disconnect is the rightmost one when viewed while standing in front of the car. My '92 has two relays (unlike your car which has three) and two connectors (in front of them) on the metal bracket. One connector pulls off the bracket and the other slides off. Once the connectors are pushed aside, a screwdriver can be used to pry open the relay connector tabs and the connector can then be pushed/pulled down and off the relay. I haven't tried this, but you possibly could unbolt the bracket with the relays and lift it up as far as it will go.

just remove the clear plastic that cover the gages with the cluster still attached ... then remove the (black bulb cover for the abs) figure out witch one are you gonna take out ...use a pliers (long skinny ones) to pull and twist the bulb ........... you don't need to take the whole cluster out!....;)...this should take like 25... to 30 start to finish....:cool:
Yup. Next time a bulb needs replacing, this is the way I'm going to go about it. Easier than trying to squeeze the connector releases with 2 fingers that you can barely get to. :)

Back