reseting keyless entry.

89birdman

Hi all, just relaced the steering column in my 94' t'bird lx, right now i'm running a stock n/a v6 but have plans for cam and other goodies in the future, but thats beside the point.
I pulled this steering column out of a 96' in the junk yard that came with two sets of keys along with keyless entry transmitters for each set. my car has power locks and every option "i think" that this car came with. How do I reset my car to make these transmitters work with my car? Any ideas?

Do you have the 94's original key code card?

If so, try this:

Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on first remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

Press any button on the 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters/keypads total possible). Enter in the 5-digit permanent access code provided on the front side of the key code card. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Otherwise, make it easy on yourself. Go back to the yard and get the 96's matching factory receiver module (antenna?) key code card...whatever else needed to complete the system :)

Last edited:
first, i don't know where the old key code would be, if so I would definatley do what you recommended. If i do have to go back to the yard to get the reciever, where would it be? let me know, thanks!

Either in the tray under the rear package tray, or along the left rear wheel well, I believe...look for the disarm relay.

attachment.php

It will be a black box in the trunk on the DS.....

You will have to remove 2 push / pull pins holding a black cover to gain access to it.....

It's about 3" x 3" x 5"......

It will have a white sticker on it that has the code on it......

Last edited:
Do you know how to go about adding a second remote to a 2003 Ford explorer? Friend just got 1 but it only came with 1 remote, but 2 keys.

to reprogram on a 93+ car, you just put a jumper in the reset plug, located on teh drivers side of the car in the trunk area behind the carpet...

turn key to "on" and should lock/unlock... press a button on the remote and it should do this again. turn key off, remove jumper, enjoy. :D

Well, i got to reading this, so i went and took the trunk apart:eek::p

I found the spot on my 1989 for the keyless entry module...which i dont have....

From my sources, i CAN get the module to plug into the harness to get keyless entry, VIA a FOB
I DONT want the pad.....
So i took some pictures for you.....

You can see the little GREEN connector, thats the one that needs to be jumped to reprogram.
http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk454/tingrin666/SDC10979.jpg
http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk454/tingrin666/SDC10982.jpg

Last edited:
Can you add a key fob style keyless entry to a 92SC? Sure would be nice. Otherwise I may end up installing an alarm and do it that way.

>Can you add a key fob style keyless entry to a 92SC?
Do you have mad installer skills...?

>may end up installing an alarm and do it that way.
That seems to be the easiest route, actually.

yes you can ad the keyless entry to a 92sc. however yes it would be faster and easier to ad ad an aftermarket system. might i suggest a remote start system. it controls locks, alarm, and you could start your car from a window on a cold day. auto zone and advanced auto sell a good 1 for around $100. ive been using it in my 94 chevy sub for the last 4 years. it does not include an alarm. it only controls an alarm but does all the rest.

Back