View Full Version : Upper mount for front shock

09-19-2002, 12:28 PM
What are people using for the upper front shock mount? I just received a new Ford replacement shock from Five Star, and found that my old upper mount looks as though it should be replaced. ExpressAutoParts, Autozone, PartsAmerica, and the local dealer I called don't seem to have listings for the SC. One I found locally looked basically the same as stock, but with shorter studs that didn't appear to be long enough to hold the ARC cover.

Has anybody elsed had this problem, and if so, what was your solution? New mount with the old studs?

89 SC

fast Ed
09-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Just to clarify, you're talkng about the mount plate for the top of the shock that goes through the sheetmetal inner fender with 3 studs ? If so, Ford lists one type for 89 - 90 Bird, then a different one for 91 - 97. No mention of SC or not. I ordered new Ford ones for mine when I did the shocks a few years ago, the studs were fine for the ARC covers. The 89 - 90 shock mounts have a little larger diameter "washer" area in the centre. Try ordering some from the Ford dealer, the number should be E9SZ 18183 AA for your 1989 ... I think they should do the trick.

Ed Nicholson