Daytona Bikeweek

I was there in 2002 it was pretty crazy back then. I had a good drunken time back then too. Had to walk 7 miles after the truck got towed and then go get it from a police impound while still drunk. That was a crazy night. :eek:

Wish I could. I went for 6 years when I had my bikes. Sold the bike feb of 08. Good times. When are you planning on being down there, incase I make it for some reason?

My last ride.
bike1007003.jpg

I have been many times as well. Last time I went was 2006. Police were getting out of hand. Pulling anyone and everyone over for no reason. I was amazed how many people they arrested for driving without a valid motorcycle license. It was in the hundreds. Noise violations, lighting, signals...anything. We decided that would be our last year. The guys I went with were local cops here. They talked to some of the Daytona police. They said flat out that the town wanted it scaled back and to harrass if they had to, to scare people away. Same goes with Myrtle beach. Went there for the spring and fall rallys for years. Cops were easier to get along with. I did get pulled for no license plate light on my Gsxr-1000 one time, but he let me go. He was making sure I had a license and insurance, im sure.

I have never been, so I am looking forward to going. I will be riding down a 05 Honda ST1300 and will be by far the furthest that I have rode any bike. We will ride down on March 4th and return on the 8th. Chris, nice bike there; that would be one nice ride on the 129 Dragon or the 116 Devil's Triangle.

Mike

I have never been, so I am looking forward to going. I will be riding down a 05 Honda ST1300 and will be by far the furthest that I have rode any bike. We will ride down on March 4th and return on the 8th. Chris, nice bike there; that would be one nice ride on the 129 Dragon or the 116 Devil's Triangle.

Mike

Yeah never did make it to the tail of the dragon. It May not have been that good there since it was slammed 3" for drag racing. When i get my next bike I plan to make it down there.

I do have to go to the west coast of FL to get a trailer at some point after its ready. So if its during that time you're down there I'll try to link up with you. I still have your cell number if it still ends in 4444. So I'll let ya know if I'm down during that time.

Just got the word the trailer is ready. So now just have to make my plans to get down that way.

Yeah never did make it to the tail of the dragon. It May not have been that good there since it was slammed 3" for drag racing. When i get my next bike I plan to make it down there.

I do have to go to the west coast of FL to get a trailer at some point after its ready. So if its during that time you're down there I'll try to link up with you. I still have your cell number if it still ends in 4444. So I'll let ya know if I'm down during that time.

Cool, yes my number ends in 4444.

Mike

I'll be there...wait... I AM there!

Walk out my door, drive a mile or two, and I'm in it!

...Did I mention the hot chicks in thongs washing the bikes all week long...:)

(Just don't tell my Allstate agent I'm so distracted).:D

Just don't go messing around with my Yak.....

...Hmm...Now...a Yak in a thong ...

Now...Back to our regularly scheduled Bike Week thread...

I've got 2 young guys, tenants here in my rental apt. who are bikers, and they're going to school here in Ormond Beach at WyoTech to be cycle mechanics. They're from Ohio, but this is such a big bike town, they're thinking of staying after they graduate.

I wasn't much of a cycle guy all my life, but...I'm coming aound lately.;)

Back