should i gap to .035

89tird

I got a 93 sc with a 10% OD and a IC fan before the 10% i had autolites 103 copper gapped to .54 should I gap the new plugs to .35 for the overdrive ?

Ive seen people go lower, Im making 17-18psi and mine are at .35 gap and fine. They are not 103's but a similar plug, tr6's

Corey

ok will do !! :cool: maybe thats why the car has been idleing like crap all this time since Ive had the 10%.. thanks

If the idle is crap then its not the spark plugs causing that unless the plugs are bad. The gap needs to be closed up at higher boost because of the cylinder pressures involved. You don't see that pressure at idle.

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks etc ?

Fraser

well the car runs like a champ building good boost. at higher rpm, but idle is shaky I checked for vacuum leaks but didnt find any.

after starting the car vacuum reads 18 in park after 10 seconds 15-16 and in drive 14-15. with the ac on 11-12

oh it has new motor mounts less than 6000 miles, and two new MP tensioner springs would a balancer that wobbles a lil bit cause a vibration at idle ?

i have a bhj with UD pullies that I havent gotten around to install

just to update found the hard vacuum line that goes to the gauge dry rotted and cracked, replaced the section and now vacuum doesnt go below 17 in park. got a small leak somewhere else .. ill find it ;)

I have seen boost up to around 25lbs after my most recent pulley adjustment since the shootout and running the 103's at 35. I dont see a need in such a dramatic decrease in gap for just a 10% pulley.

Back