145 speedo conversion, no odometer

Hock

Ok, I did the 125 to 145mph conversion outlined in FAQ section and now my odometer will not work. Speedo works fine and is accurate. Any suggestions?

Its the stock 125mph speedometer converted to a 145mph face and recalibrated to work with the 145 face.

I used the article from the FAQ section to do the coversion. The article was great, I think I may have messed something up but I can't figure it out.

It worked before you did the face swap ? And what did you modify to make it a 145, replace the resistor on the circuit board ?? I think the article way is the wrong way to go about doing it.

If its not the Odometer gear, did you change the mileage at all ? That could cause a bind up if not put together properly. Otherwise you'll need a whole new speedo to swap the circuit board out again.

- Dan

Didn't change the mileage, didn't need too.

Is there anyway to bench test these speedo's so I can check and see if the motor is working?

If not, what year speedo's will work? I have one from my 90 but all the electronics and motors are diffent than my 92.

Back