help with the autorotor

Cluck42

Ok i just got a autorotor 1.7. now does that just bolt up? What do i need to put it on with out a prob?? if you can help thanks.

By the time you get your stock blower off, it should become clear all the work you need to do before you'll get it bolting on. It is not a simple swap.

you'll need to fabricate you own mounting brackets. Then you will need to custom build the supercharger inlet to mount to your throttle body. Then you will need to make a custom top or create a custom plate to go between your existing top and the AR.

Do you have any of the supporting mods to work with this supercharger? If you wanted an easy bolt on supercharger, the AR wasn't the right one for you.

ok. is there a better supercharger that is not hard to bolt up. Do they make a aftermarket upgrade for a supercoupe?

What year is your SC? If you have a 89-93 then you could get a 94-95 supercharger.

go to www.magnumpowers.com and read up on the MPx. You can also find high performance parts at www.supercoupeperformance.com. You can also email 'XR7 Dave' (Super Coupes Unlimited) for all of your heads, cam and other high performance part needs.

Then do some reading on this side. The search function can give you hours and hours of reading.

With the right supporting mods (lots of them). A MPx is more than capable of 350 rwhp.

While you are at it, you can give me your autorotor. It will make a nice 2009 winter project for me.

lol no i think i will keep it. i have a friend that is a senior ford master tech. he should be able to help. but thanks for the help. this is my winter project now. i was just seeing if anyone could give me some pointers. thanks alot guys

lol no i think i will keep it. i have a friend that is a senior ford master tech. he should be able to help. but thanks for the help. this is my winter project now. i was just seeing if anyone could give me some pointers. thanks alot guys

As I stated, use the search function. There is quite a few threads on AR's, a couple on whipples and even few turbos. There is a wealth of information for the do it yourself'er.

Back