Weatherstriping?

NEEDaSCbad

Does anybody know where I can get the weatherstriping/rubbermolding that is around the windshield, rear window, and along the roof line? Mine is in poor condition and missing in some spots. :(

I think you can still get most of it at the dealer. Puddmann usually has decent prices in town.

Yeah Spinning wheels has them. kinda pricey but well worth it i guess for good cosmetics. But hey, don't buy them all up. I need some too. I recently pulled and painted them gloss black. they look okay but i want some fresh skins before long. Just hard to drop the money on plastic pieces.

I think you can still get most of it at the dealer. Puddmann usually has decent prices in town.

When i first got the car i called them for a price on a full kit and they told me i was looking at about 1700 bucks. :eek:

I very quickly decided that it was in no way worth it on a car that isn't even worth that much. spinning wheels isn't too bad, still pricey tho.

I may be picking up a parts car soon. If the rubber striping on it is in good shape how hard is it to remove and reinstall?

They are very easy to remove, if you have the right tools.....:rolleyes:

Remove the door weather strips to reveal the rivets that hold the upper door trim.....

I use a small hammer and chisel to remove the rivets, then that piece slide off....

You can use small SS sheet metal screws when you re-install that piece.....

The rear section has a 9mm bolt that holds it in place.....

There is an axcess port up near the interior light on the sail panel that will let you get to that bolt....

There is a body clip that holds this piece to the roof.....

Get a thin pry bar and pry the trim out of the body clip.....

The front and top rear windshield trim can be removed with the same pry bar, I think there are about 7 body clips that hold each in place.....

The lower rear trim can be removed after releasing the button clips that hold it in place....

Be careful not to pry up on them or they will break....

They slide off from rear to front or something like that....

It will be clear after removing the first one....

You can remove all 7 pieces in about an hour....

Last edited:
Back