head gasket help please

50embarr

ok I'm doing the head gaskets and got the car down just to the heads but cant figure out what would be the best way to get the exhaust manifolds out of the way to get the bottom 4 head bolts. could someone tell me what they did to get them out of the way please.

You will have to use torch to heat the manifold up around the studs if they break. They will come out. You have to take these loose no matter what, so you may as well get to it...

ok I'm doing the head gaskets and got the car down just to the heads but cant figure out what would be the best way to get the exhaust manifolds out of the way to get the bottom 4 head bolts. could someone tell me what they did to get them out of the way please.

I used big pry bars. Two of them. It was interesting.

I used big pry bars. Two of them. It was interesting.

Ha nice. I'd like to watch that next time

Assuming you dont have a torch....buy a little can of map gas and use that its tiny and cheaper than getting a torch set-up. Then heat the heads of the bolts before you try and take them off so you dont have to deal with them breaking. Make sure you get them red hot. GL

Keith

if they do get messed up, I've got a set of 95 manifolds I've been thinking about selling since going to kooks mid-lengths.

Back